2012 Celebration Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doog_Si_Reeb

Beer is Good. And stuff!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
10 in the fridge, one in the belly, one in the glass, and 6 gallons of a Celebration Ale clone in primary. Bring on the holidays. :mug:

2012-11-20_20-05-35_661.jpg

I love this beer. I had 12 of the real thing last week. Yesterday I sampled my clone. It is still a little "green" at 3 weeks in the bottle, but it will be awesome by Christmas :)

celebration_2012.jpg

My clone tastes awesome but next year I'll bump up the Chinook! Other than that, this SNCA clone is probably the best beer I have made yet!

I have a 1/6 keg of Celebration waiting for me at home. Going to tap it in a day or two, I'm so excited.

Can one of you guys post the recipe or a link to it? You are making my mouth water...

If anyone get s Brew Your Own magazine, the latest issue has a bunch of SN clone recipes in it, including celebration. Looks like I'll be making some soon!

gcdowd said:
If anyone get s Brew Your Own magazine, the latest issue has a bunch of SN clone recipes in it, including celebration. Looks like I'll be making some soon!

Its weird how every time they post a SNCA clone recipe it's different. I just picked one and went with it.

Its weird how every time they post a SNCA clone recipe it's different. I just picked one and went with it.

I did the same thing. I brewed mine a week and a half ago. My copy of BYO, with the SNCA clone recipe in it, arrived two days after I brewed. I used one of the recipes from this site and it was very close to the one in BYO. Mine will be "over"-hopped since I am using up all of the homegrown Cascade and Centennial that was in my freezer.

Can one of you guys post the recipe or a link to it? You are making my mouth water...

I used this post as my guide:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/jamil-show-tastys-sn-celebration-clone-176201/

Wound up with this for a 5 gallon batch:

Ingredients:
------------
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
11 lbs 8.0 oz Pale Malt (2 Row)US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 87.6 %
1 lbs 10.0 oz Caramel/CrystalMalt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 2 12.4 %
0.60 oz Chinook [13.00 %] -Boil 60.0 min Hop 3 24.4 IBUs
0.40 oz Chinook [13.00 %] -Boil 30.0 min Hop 4 12.5 IBUs
1.38 oz Cascade [5.50 %] -Boil 15.0 min Hop 5 11.8 IBUs
0.86 oz Centennial [10.00%] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 6 13.4 IBUs
1.03 oz Cascade [5.50 %] -Boil 0.0 min Hop 7 0.0 IBUs
0.65 oz Centennial [10.00%] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 8 0.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg California Ale(White Labs #WLP001) [35. Yeast 9 -
0.85 oz Cascade [5.50 %] -Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 10 0.0 IBUs
0.44 oz Centennial [10.00%] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 11 0.0 IBUs

Here's the recipe I brewed that is currently in primary. I'll add the dry hops this weekend, two weeks after initial brew day.

6 gallons, 65% Efficiency, Mash Temp ~154
15 lbs. Marris Otter
1.5 lbs English Crystal 60
47 gms Chinook - 60 min
42 gms Homegrown Cascade - 15 min
21 gms Homegrown Centennial - 15 min
42 gms Homegrown Cascade - 5 min
21 gms Homegrown Centennial - 5 min
42 gms Homegrown Cascade - 0 min
20 gms Homegrown Centennial - 0 min
42 gms Homegrown Cascade - Dry Hop 7 days
21 gms Homegrown Centennial - Dry Hop 7 days
1.6 L starter of 1056.

It sounds like a lot of hops, but I've noticed my homegrown hops are milder than the store bought ones. Nonetheless, I'm hoping for a big hop flavor and aroma.

Not surprising that there's a lot of different clone recipes. Each year the SNCA is different. I think this years is a little milder in both the hop and malt dept. I like it a lot actually. Not at all like it was 10 years ago. Liked it then too....

StMarcos said:
Not surprising that there's a lot of different clone recipes. Each year the SNCA is different. I think this years is a little milder in both the hop and malt dept. I like it a lot actually. Not at all like it was 10 years ago. Liked it then too....

Glad someone else said this--always been a fan, but this Year's batch seems a lot more mild!

Agreed on the comments...seems weaker this year, both malt, mouthfeel and hops. Still a great beer, just not how I remembered it. Good time to brew a full-bodied clone and jack it up a little.

Back