Any Good LHBS Around Atlanta?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's another one on Marietta St in downtown Atlanta.

Also Home Brewing Supplies on Indian Trail Rd in Lawrenceville, which is north-ish.

There may be another one opening in Royston to serve NE GA since none currently exist in Athens, I'll let you know when that happens.

+ 1 on brewmaster warehouse. He is right off of roswell road in east marietta.
Also check out the brew club for us on the north side. inhbc.org

Home Brew Supply is actually in Lilburn, not Lawrenceville. It is on Indian Trail Road.

Lawrenceville, Lilburn, same damn thing. I could have said "Off I-85 in Gwinnett in the middle of clusterfckia by the pool supply" but I didn't.

The younger girl and her mother Jeanne are good people, talk as long as you will stand there and talk back, it's the only store I go to. I also know a nephew through a GA outdoors website, hunting/fishing etc.

It should be noted that:

This place has been open since Jimmy Carter made it legal... being in business that long has it's ups and downs, but they are still in business.. they aren't a superstore... not a fad store... the operators and employees know what they are talking about. Decades of experience without uppity demeanor.

Also, send them an email and they'll send you one back.

Beer Necessities/Brew Depot in Alpharetta is very nice. I've been to two LHBS in Atlanta and this one put the other one to shame. perhaps because the other one looked pretty amateur. Know their stuff, good prices..

Hopefully it was all grain. Ed will help you out either way. I'm doing a dubbel in Kennesaw tomorrow.

BMW was rockin' this afternoon. Ed and his staff were helping one guy when I got there. The phone kept ringing, they were boxing up what I assume were orders to ship and they helped me convert two recipes to an extract version. Talk about multi-tasking.

I would like to visit the other HBS sometime. If it is in Lilburn, it's a but far for me to drive. Alpharetta isn't too bad a drive for me. I'm up north of Cartersville.

glad I found this thread. I'm moving to Jefferson in 2 weeks.

The LHBS in LILBURN will be your closest shop. It's conveniently named "Home Brew Supply".

On a side note, despite what your agent tells you, Jefferson is a crime-ridden poverty-stricken sh1thole with a McDonald's and Zaxby's, and I-85. You should have moved to Athens where I live, 15 minutes south. We are a crime-ridden poverty-stricken sh1thole with a university, 50 bars, 5 Mcdonald's, 2 Zaxby's, a few Chic-fil-a's, and a mall.

i have been to most of the LHBS's in atlanta. the one i like the best is mybrewheaven in gainesville. not a huge retail selection but really nice and helpfull guy. it has the basic stuff that you need.

Watch out for the cops too..

[blue lights behind you, pull over, get license, registration, and insurance in hand]

"Hello officer, what seems to be the problem?"

"Don't get smart with me"

"Sir?"

"Have you been drinking?"

"No sir, I'm just on my way to..."

"Oh.. just on your way somewhere huh?"

"But officer, what seems to be the prob..."

"Oh so you are asking the questions now? How about I ask a few questions, would that be alright with you?"

"Sir?"

"I smell marijuana. Just go ahead and hand it over, tell me where it is, let's save us both some time"

"But sir, I don't smoke marijuana and I haven't be drinki..."

"Oh... then you won't mind if I search your car. I smell it on you, I've got probable cause"

"... wha... uh? Was I speeding? Why did you pull me over?"

"Oh, you wanna be smart? You were going 55 in a 54. Are you carrying a weapon?"

"Sir... no... I'm just t..."

"You seem like a smart guy. Let's see how smart you are when the K9 comes"

You got 99 problems but a ........... hit me

The LHBS in LILBURN will be your closest shop. It's conveniently named "Home Brew Supply".

On a side note, despite what your agent tells you, Jefferson is a crime-ridden poverty-stricken sh1thole with a McDonald's and Zaxby's, and I-85. You should have moved to Athens where I live, 15 minutes south. We are a crime-ridden poverty-stricken sh1thole with a university, 50 bars, 5 Mcdonald's, 2 Zaxby's, a few Chic-fil-a's, and a mall.
HA! thanks

I'll miss shopping at Alternative Beverage (ebrew.com) here in Charlotte. Good service, wide selection, pretty good prices. and only 15 minutes from my house. *sigh*

Yes we were rocking on Saturday. One of our busier walk in days, since we ship more than anything else right now. Hopefully more people will keep finding us like the OP did. We appreciate the visit and the support.

For everyone else in Georgia, if you need something all of Georgia is a 1 day ship even with the $6.99 shipping. So if you do not have a LHBS in the area or do not feel like making the trip we can get you what you need.

Thanks,

Ed

Anyone care to make a recommendation? Preferrably North of Atlanta?
57.gif
30.gif

Brewmaster Warehouse is now closed. I am a novice but have been to Brew Depot in Alpharetta, Schoolhouse in Marietta, and Beer and Wine Craft in Sandy Springs. I liked them all and dont really have a preference.

I know you mentioned that you are looking for something on the Northside, however, we are 20 minutes South of the Airport just off I-75. We have 3,600 sqft of home brewing supplies as well a 27 tap growler bar, over 300 packaged craft beers as well wines, ciders and meads. Come check us out if your in the area.

www.barleynvine.com

Back