Brewstand Maker...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I'm not too fond of the tie wraps holding the gas plumbing to the stand on the 3 tier system nor hanging the cast iron burner directly off the soft copper. Otherwise they look decent. $950???

I certainly applaud his entrepreneurial spirit, but I would expect nicer looking welds from someone who is/was a pro welder. Especially one "from the wine industry." Not knocking the strength or anything, just thought they'd be prettier.

I don't see any cast iron burners "hanging" from soft copper. The ones I saw all had steel supporting the burner. Maybe the paint makes them hard to see?

I don't know anything about welding, but it looks like a lot of pics taken as he was building. I think a lot of tack welds to show how it's going to look before he starts. The finished (painted) product looks okay, right?

Looks ok. I like the open ended corner on the HLT level. Not too fond of the casters being welded on though. If one goes kaput you will then need to cut it off which would be a big pain in the butt.

All in all it looks pretty square.

I got lazy and purchased the stand only from the "Brew-Magic" system for $950. Actually, it was a present from my wife. My brewery is based on the stand. It is designed for keggles, built like a Brick Chithouse out of 2" steel square tubing and comes powdercoated. You get 3 burners plumbed, each controlled with a valve and you have the option of Propane or Natural Gas. They send you the Orfices for both. I changed the orfice on the burner to Natural Gas. IMHO it is a much better value for $950.

Brew Magic 1.jpg

Latest posts

Back