Anybody from west michigan wanna brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

founder26

Reaction score
Looking to get a couple people over here or at your house to brew some beer in the next month or so, also could do a little tasting, who is down?

I'd love to, but I can't see when I would be able to until spring. There has to be some homebrewers out there who would be willing to get together. It's so much fun!

lol wow you a busy person! its ok though I got a couple buddies who do it with me I just figured it would be kinda cool to meet some people on here!

hey sorry guys my email got screwed up and I forgot about this thread. to grtechguy I am off baldwin and 20th, so right down the road from ya! I just bottled my 3rd brew hopping it turns out well. I will be brewing my 4th batch soon, gonna do a boubon vanilla porter. sunday evenings also work for me, lmk when and where you wanna brew.

cheers!
ron

i would be down sometime soon.. im in the middle of building my keggles but would jus hang if it came down to it.. lets try sumtin?!

that would be awesome man, I would love to talk to someone locally who is into kegging as im thinking about switching to it but not sure what all is involved. lmk when and where you wanna meet up.

Hey, I'm in Jenison too! Right by 28th and Rosewood. I usually brew every Saturday afternoon though. SWMBO works Saturdays and has Sundays off, so I try and keep them free. My co-brewer has school on Monday nights. Also, I don't have a burner, so if you wanted to do something, we'd have to do it at my house. I don't think I'd be able to bring my stove over for a brew session. :) PM me if you think we could work something out.

FYI there is a large section on here about kegging. Lots of builds and different methods. It's basically the same. Buy kegs, regulator, CO2 tank, some hoses, couple of disconnects, some shanks and faucets. Add a tower if you are placing the faucets on top of fridge. Connect it all up and place in cooling device of your choice.

I used a small upright fridge and drilled holes for the faucets in the door. Some people prefer a chest freezer and add a collar to go between the bottom part and the lid. This raises the lid above the top of the kegs and give a good place to mount the faucets (drill shanks through collar). For mini fridges most people drill a hole (carefully) in the top and mount a faucet or two on the tower and run the liquid lines up through the tower.

A friend has a keg and he just puts it in the fridge with a picnic tap (He's single...)

Hey, I'm in Jenison too! Right by 28th and Rosewood. I usually brew every Saturday afternoon though. SWMBO works Saturdays and has Sundays off, so I try and keep them free. My co-brewer has school on Monday nights. Also, I don't have a burner, so if you wanted to do something, we'd have to do it at my house. I don't think I'd be able to bring my stove over for a brew session. :) PM me if you think we could work something out.
haha lots of jenisonites around here huh! I could do saturdays as well, and I could bring my turkey fryer over. I have a beer tasting this saturday but im free the following saturday. btw if any of you guys from jenison, or GR, want to attend a small tasting it will be at my house this saturday, so far only 5 people will be here, so I would like to get a few more, so far we are mainly doing barrel aged stouts but we can do other styles as well.

haha lots of jenisonites around here huh! I could do saturdays as well, and I could bring my turkey fryer over. I have a beer tasting this saturday but im free the following saturday. btw if any of you guys from jenison, or GR, want to attend a small tasting it will be at my house this saturday, so far only 5 people will be here, so I would like to get a few more, so far we are mainly doing barrel aged stouts but we can do other styles as well.

Looks like I can't brew next Saturday. I have to pick up my sister from the airport at 6PM, which would be right in the middle of my brewday, unless we could try and do it early. The next Saturday (2/23) would work though. I have nothing going on that day. It would be fun to do a tasting, but I'd only have a blonde ready to go for this Saturday. I'm still trying to get a good handle on my pipeline, which is why I'm starting to brew every weekend. One of these days I'll have a surplus/variety of homebrews at the ready.

Looks like I can't brew next Saturday. I have to pick up my sister from the airport at 6PM, which would be right in the middle of my brewday, unless we could try and do it early. The next Saturday (2/23) would work though. I have nothing going on that day. It would be fun to do a tasting, but I'd only have a blonde ready to go for this Saturday. I'm still trying to get a good handle on my pipeline, which is why I'm starting to brew every weekend. One of these days I'll have a surplus/variety of homebrews at the ready.

I may be able to do the 23rd, although I will be going to stellas in the evening for a dark horse tap takeover so it would have to be a little earlier in the day. Btw the tasting is not homebrews so if you had anything cellared as far as brewery beers you could bring anything. We will be doing a blind test of lots of different barrel aged beers.

that would be awesome man, I would love to talk to someone locally who is into kegging as im thinking about switching to it but not sure what all is involved. lmk when and where you wanna meet up.

Yea i keg as well..lol i was talkin about converting some sankey kegs into my mash tun and boil kettle lol

But i do have a 6 tap keezer full! If u guys wanna come over chill kool by me im downtown off wealthy and eastern

So it sounds like founder26 will be brewing with me and my co-brewer Saturday afternoon (2/16/2013). If anyone else wants to stop by (either for brewing or talking beer while we brew) let me know.

You on enough if its short notice? Im getting my parts in tomar and the welder is pickin them up thrusday and im geting them back either friday morning or saturday.. so im playing this weekend by ear right now.. but 3 new keggles?! Lol

Short notice is fine. I'll try and make some room in the garage to accommodate either way. I'm guessing no one will want to brew on my back porch right now. :)

I'll be brewing again this Saturday afternoon (3/2/2013) in Jenison if anyone wants to stop by and/or brew. We are brewing a Game of Thrones inspired medieval recipe, using medieval techniques. :rockin: I'll actually have a few different homebrews available, as we are finally getting our pipeline going. I also have plenty of space in my garage for anyone else who wants to brew whatever.

Jus got my keggles back and hopefully brutus 10 stand on sunday (withoit the burners and and gas plumbed yet) but sometime we can do a double batch on my system so u wont have to lug everythin over

Jus got my keggles back and hopefully brutus 10 stand on sunday (withoit the burners and and gas plumbed yet) but sometime we can do a double batch on my system so u wont have to lug everythin over

Awesome. That'd be fun. I thought you were supposed to get it last weekend though. BTW, that milk stout really turned around. It must have just needed a couple extra weeks. :)

Yea was supposed too.. Long story my buddy that did the welds went to jail the morning he was supposed to bring them to work..lol .. i get them back sunday along with a brutus clone stand :) .. i still have it sittin in the fridge will have to try it this weekend!

Hey, I keg and have 2 tap kegerator. I have not been on here in a while or brewed in a year. I am hoping to break the brewery out here fairly soon. Just trying to get some projects finished up first. I am over in Spring Lake about 35 minutes from you.

Back