Adjustable Jet Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I was having issues with my jet burner and so I reconfigured it so it could get more air. I am pleased with the results. This jet burner is supposed to throw out 150,000 BTUs and I will have to say I don't doubt it!

The picture is taken with my wife's new digital camera. It is a 7.2 Casio and it is great.

98963492.jpg

Agreed on the erector comment.

Question though on your raw materials pastor. Is that framework something you get at a Home D? I haven't looked for it thus don't know. I'd like to build a better 3-tier with burners (curently use wood, no burners of course) now that I have a keggle but would rather avoid welding so I can do it myself. But then theres that whole cutting to size as well... I just like the thought of changing the profile around with bolts...

looks good BP. I wish I had your git 'r dun knowledge.

Db, I've seen that L iron at local hardware stores too. Really (if you are careful) cutting it with a plain old grinding wheel is quite simple, and you can get pretty accurate. Then just use the grinding wheel to soften the edges. It would be a relatively easy project IMHO, but the key is finding the metal on the cheap. The good thing about the erector set idea is you can always add on to it and modify it as your needs change. The problem with my welded stand is it is pretty much permanent. I fi had an erector set type deal, if I eventually buy a pump I just take down the gravity tiers and build onto it horizontally. Hindsight is 20/20.

desertBrew said:
Agreed on the erector comment.

Question though on your raw materials pastor. Is that framework something you get at a Home D? I haven't looked for it thus don't know. I'd like to build a better 3-tier with burners (curently use wood, no burners of course) now that I have a keggle but would rather avoid welding so I can do it myself. But then theres that whole cutting to size as well... I just like the thought of changing the profile around with bolts...

Brewpastor is using sign posts (like for stop signs and such) picked up at a city salvage yard or auction. I asked him a similar question a few months ago. Like you, I like the idea of being able to just bolt everything together. Adjustments would be much easier as well.

Janx has an all wood three tier system. You don't attach the burners right to the wooden frame, but build something that looks like steps. You just put a turkey fryer on each platform. He doesn't have a turkey fryer under his mash tun.

Here is what I'm talking about. Janx says his looks similar to this:

3tierpic.jpg

He has different more stable burners, as would if I decide to go with wood.

Here is a link to the plans to make one like this:

http://www.xb-70.com/beer/3_tier/

Thanks for the info/link Lounge Lizard. I basically built something similar but two tier for the hlt & mash tun as I still have the turkey fryer free standing on the ground. Only problem is that full construction of wood is going to be heavy. Not that a solid steel system is going to be light, but I get water/wort sometimes on my wooden stand that doesn't easily clean up. Steel would. I'd also like to wheel the bugger around and it might live outside if it's too tall for my shed. I saved that link though as it looks like a lot of good info in there.

I got a guy fixing my metal pool fence in the next couple weeks. He starts from scratch on new jobs welding complete fences from scratch. I got to get some plans put together for this guy and see what he'd charge. Bummer is he's heading out of town for the summer in a month :(

Back