THIS is why you can't have too many cornies...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just figure that I am going to drink 24oz of beer a day minimum. So if I am buying that is a case every two weeks or 2 casese a month for call it $40 (that's not craft brew at $8 a sixer or $65 a month). OR I can spend $40 on a cornie full of beer, which leaves me an extra 3 days of drinking. Now double that and I realize that for me to spend the time to make my own I am actually saving $20 a month. Give that to the SWMBO when she says you spend too much time and money on this hobby.

I just figure that I am going to drink 24oz of beer a day minimum. So if I am buying that is a case every two weeks or 2 casese a month for call it $40 (that's not craft brew at $8 a sixer or $65 a month). OR I can spend $40 on a cornie full of beer, which leaves me an extra 3 days of drinking. Now double that and I realize that for me to spend the time to make my own I am actually saving $20 a month. Give that to the SWMBO when she says you spend too much time and money on this hobby.

I agree, but since I buy my DME and hops in bulk and wash my yeast my cost per batch is still under $20 for 37 1/2 liter bottles.

HW around here ranges from $2-2.99 a bottle ($74-110). With every batch I'm saving between $54 and $90. At 200 gallons (40 batches) I'm saving between $2100 and $3600 per year. :D

I agree, but since I buy my DME and hops in bulk and wash my yeast my cost per batch is still under $20 for 37 1/2 liter bottles.

HW around here ranges from $2-2.99 a bottle ($74-110). With every batch I'm saving between $54 and $90. At 200 gallons (40 batches) I'm saving between $2100 and $3600 per year. :D

You can't afford not to brew beer!

I just had my first Duvel. It's lovely.

I think I'm going to have to start brewing it, for the same math reasons that HB Bill just posted! :D

Back