Brewday just got easier....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r8rphan

Reaction score
No more carrying buckets of water... no more running hoses through the house from the laundry room... Now I have dedicated frost free hot and cold water hose bibs right there next to the brew stand on the screened porch.... Next, to plumb a line direct into the kettle for filling.. have all the parts for that, just need to solder it all up...

Anyways, here's this weekend's handiwork.. So glad this is finally done.... I also installed quick disconnects so that the supply hose can be quickly moved from hot to cold and back, or quickly disconnected from the brew stand to use the fill hose to fill buckets or whatever....

porchfaucets001.jpg

porchfaucets002.jpg

porchfaucets004.jpg

porchfaucets005.jpg

Cool setup! I know that I certainly was happy when I ran the water lines to my setup, so I know EXACTLY how you feel!

I too am tired of carrying water to a brewstand. I know exactly how you feel.

I am also tired of not having a sink in close proximity to my brewstand.

I will be brewing in a garage that has no running water, let alone a nice sink close by.

I got around this problem by designing a brewstand to be connected to an outdoor faucet that has a built in on demand hot water heater and an on board sink.

My build thread is here.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/birth-zeus-non-typical-brewstand-build-368010/

While the sink on my brewstand is not as nice as some of the big SS restaurant sinks or a laundry tub sink, it will be miles better than running (literally !) into the kitchen every time I need to wash something.

Kudos on acknowledging what a problem brewing without live hot water is and your approach to solving this problem.

Were my situation different, I would have done something similar.

Nice!

I've got an outside cold water source, but I only use it for cleaning and for my chiller.

As soon as I get my bar setup the rest of the way it will be a full wet bar. Plumbing is stubbed at the wall, I've got a stainless sink, all I need is cabinets and time.
When that's done I will have hot and cold water within 5 feet of the door where my burner is sitting on the patio making beer! A couple short hoses and I'll have hot and cold water to the brew pot.

Back