Xbox 360

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XBOX 360 Games. You either Love em of Hate em

• Have one, here are some of my fav. games

• Don't play video games

• Don't have one, but know some cool games

• Ha ha sucker, should have got the PS3

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drunkensatyr

Reaction score
So, Just bought a 360 and looking for some help finding great FPS. Been out of games for a few years now (Half Life 2 wast the last new game I bought) and so far I am friggin hooked on Dead Rising. About to go buy BioShock. Any other favorites out there?

(Yeah I am too old to play video games, but that doesn't stop me :p)

Be careful. Everyone that I know who has one has had many problems. Most guys are on their third system. Microsofts customer service really sucks as well. The game console does have some great games. Gears or War has been the #1 game for quite somtime. Also keep an eye out for Halo 3 which comes out in september. I am going with PS3.

Yeah, Titles and the 3 year warranty are what ended up swaying me. Since they were having all the issues, they changed the warranty to 1 yr. general and 3 yr. Hardware malfunction. If they can't fix it in 3 yrs. then something is wrong.

it is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when it will go down. Also note that the 3 year warranty is only good for the "3 rings of dealth". This is the processor, or motherboard failure. Most everyone is having disk drive failures which does not fall under the 3 year warranty, only the one year warranty.

I have a feeling if mine starts having issues inside the 3 years, it (cough) will have (cough) something to do with the motherboard. Little heat goes a long way.

Really, because I've basically heard that the majority of the failures, and the reason MS is gonna lose over a billion on the warranty change, are 3 rings of death.

Also, hadn't heard the restriction on 3 rings of death (and the place I've heard about it is from Penny Arcade, whom I'd assume would blast such a policy).

I've had mine since near launch without a single solitary problem. I think a lot of that is hyped up and/or related to people not keeping the machine well ventilated. It's basically a computer after all, it's just common sense not to close it up in your entertainment center or tv stand.

Anyway, Gears of War is the defacto FPS on the 360 right now.

I've had mine for over a year, was always a playstation 2 guys, now can't understand why anyone would ever deal with ps3. The games on that system now seem to be cheesier to me. And with online integration and microsoft compatability, games that come out for 360 seem to be better developed than those for the other next gen consoles.

I've got the 360 and haven't had any problems *yet*... definitely get Gears of War it absolutely rocks. F.E.A.R. is another good fps, I'm playing it now. Good action, pretty cool weapons, the story line is a little weak compared to how it was hyped up to be really scary.... FWIW, my brother in law and nephew have a ps3 and a wii, the ps3 rarely gets turned on anymore and the wii is fun to play but I'm not really into sweating when I play video games...

cnbudz said:
F.E.A.R. is another good fps

Yeah, Had fun with that one on the PC. Any of you played BioShock yet? Looks like a great game, just hope it pulls through the whole game.

Petey said:
And if you haven't played guitar hero 2 yet you have to give it a shot.

I keep giving my wife @#$% that she is going to break down and get that friggin game.

As for GoW, lookin over the game a bit, definitely looks like one of the next games I'll pick up.

Back