Heating Element Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friedpicklechips

Reaction score
I plan on using the Camco #02963 5500W 240VAC*ultra low watt density (ULWD)*RIPP*element for my EHERMS system. My question is, instead of spending the $375 for the heating elements on Kal's website (The Electric Brewery --- they are awesome, I'm just cheap) how should I install them in my keggle? I'm a visual learner, so pics would be awesome. I've found lots of pictures of electric setups, just not a whole lot of good pics of the heating elements.

You can use the weldless fitting from bargain fittings, I used a pair in my 120v kettle, work great, no leaks, easy install. You'll need a step bit to drill holes. You can wire it up with a 240v accessory cable for an AC unit that should be readily available at a hardware store. After that is wired up, you'll have to figure out how to enclose the wiring on the outside of the kettle. I used a piece of plastic conduit and some epoxy, however i've seen various other solutions to this issue involving hardware store parts, if you browse electric build threads there should be some pictures of possibilities.

i followed the step-by-step on Kal's site. it was easy, most of the parts were at my local hardware store and it has never leaked. the only hard to find part was the shim washer... i just ordered it form McMaster Carr using the link Kal provides.

I have been making a list of parts for the same type of build, I really think I'm just going to cut the hole, Buy the 1 fitting I will need, And have it welded, Easy to screw heater in and out I can also get a plug for it. It can't cost that much to have it welded, $20 and a 12 pack should get it done around here. Jay

I have been making a list of parts for the same type of build, I really think I'm just going to cut the hole, Buy the 1 fitting I will need, And have it welded, Easy to screw heater in and out I can also get a plug for it. It can't cost that much to have it welded, $20 and a 12 pack should get it done around here. Jay

This is what I did with my keggle and in my opinion is the best way to go.

Edit: I made my element junction using "The Pols method" it is cheap easy and quick to make. Everything found at home depot.

Latest posts

Back