Official 2011 "Pay It Foward" Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful thread! I've got a bottle capper to offer up. Nothing fancy, but it works.
Happy holidays!

Gone - to ericbeson

This really helps build brewing karma. I need to get a few things up. Last year I gave some good stuff away and won a few company!

Since I already gave away something that was unused, I don't feel too bad about offering up used stuff to save it from going to a landfill.

I am replacing all my plastics that I have had for the past 1.5 years. I assume no one would want the tubing, but I just bought a new autosiphon and can part with my old one. I have not had any infections with my gear, I just think its good practice to replace plastic every so often. If nothing else, it would be a decent squirt gun.

Gone to PDeezy

Since I already gave away something that was unused, I don't feel too bad about offering up used stuff to save it from going to a landfill.

I am replacing all my plastics that I have had for the past 1.5 years. I assume no one would want the tubing, but I just bought a new autosiphon and can part with my old one. I have not had any infections with my gear, I just think its good practice to replace plastic every so often. If nothing else, it would be a decent squirt gun.

I would be happy to have an auto siphon! I'm tired of bottling without one.

You got it boss, PM your shipping address.

YESSS! Thanks, no more pouring water in my tubing to get things flowing.

I just started brewing a few months ago, but I may have some spare parts around. I will definitely take a look.

This place is great.

YESSS! Thanks, no more pouring water in my tubing to get things flowing.

I just started brewing a few months ago, but I may have some spare parts around. I will definitely take a look.

This place is great.

I'm somewhat saying this because I am jealous you're getting an autosiphon and mine is still broke, but a sanitized turkey baster always works well for me for creating the suction needed to get a siphon going. Have fun using your new confangled tool :D

I'm pretty sure I actually have a few things I can give, but it's all packed up since I'm moving in less than 3 weeks. Once I get moved in and unpacked, I'll offer them in this thread (or a 2012 version).

(BTW Yooper, thanks for deleting the posts. I didn't really want to post on the matter, and very nearly didn't submit it, but your short explanation does far better and more authoritative job than anyone else could have possibly done).

I have 10 female flare nuts for 1/4" barbs

I also have 1/2" x roughly 40"'s of ss braided hose with a solid copper wire coiled up inside it. === Gone to >>>>edecambra

-=Jason=-
Sent from my HTC using Home Brew Talk

ForumRunner_20111217_135212.jpg

ForumRunner_20111217_135255.jpg

1Mainebrew said:
It may be a lot to ask, but something for oxygenation or aeration...

Not really supposed to ASK for anything.

But that reminds me, I have an aquarium pump aeration setup that I no longer use, packed away. But It'll be about a month before I can do anything with it, so I'll wait til then to offer it :eek:

Not really supposed to ASK for anything.

But that reminds me, I have an aquarium pump aeration setup that I no longer use, packed away. But It'll be about a month before I can do anything with it, so I'll wait til then to offer it :eek:

Hi emjay,

I would love to have the aquarium pump. It's for my SO2 test on wine bulk aging. I don't mind waiting for it, since I'm still short of a couple of chemicals.

Thanks in advance..

I have 10 female flare nuts for 1/4" barbs

I also have 1/2" x roughly 40"'s of ss braided hose with a solid copper wire coiled up inside it.

-=Jason=-
Sent from my HTC using Home Brew Talk
Still have the Braid? I could use it

Hey Yooper, sorry about that , I didn't read the first page...I thought this was a different thread along the same lines where you asked for one wish list type item. Sorry again and thanks for deleting.

I have a sanke coupler I could part with...

Hey Yooper, sorry about that , I didn't read the first page...I thought this was a different thread along the same lines where you asked for one wish list type item. Sorry again and thanks for deleting.

I have a sanke coupler I could part with...

I could use the sanke coupler if you still got it?

Lumpy_Gravy said:
I have a bunch of spices up for grabs that I won in the first HBT comp.

Dried Elderberries
Dried Elderflowers
Dried Woodruff
Star Anise
Indian Sarsaparilla
Dried Wintergreen
Wormwood
Rose Hips
Heather Tips
Dried Mugwort
Cardamom Seed
Paradise Seed
Sweet Gale
Dried Ginger Root
Juniper Berries
Dried Licorice Root

Gone to azscoob

The package arrived today, Sweet jeebus that's a good supply! Time to get brewing! Thanks a lot Lumpy!!!

Sweet jeebus I've had a hard time getting these hops out I promised. Sorry guys! Ill pack these up this weekend and get them out Monday I promise

Up for grabs. One 60psi Norgren pressure gauge. Perfect for a spunding set-up.

Gone to - jsguitar

Will do. Thanks!

I'm going to go through my stuff tomorrow to see what I have too.

Cheers!

I had to work all day, away from the forum, and I come back to this. I think that I (and the other mods) have better things to do with our lives than babysit a thread that is supposed to be about sharing our excess stuff with others.

This worked several times in the past, but I guess it's run its course. I've had to chastise people for asking for things, bumping the thread, going off-topic, etc. I just don't have the inclination any more, and I've been disappointed in the spirit of this thread now.

When I have free or cheap things to share, I'll post it in the classifieds and suggest others do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back