GE 7 CF (FCM7SUWW) keezer conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My build so far..purchased the freezer new a few weeks ago from HD on sale. Since then been getting her ready. Wife just today gave me the ok to purchase the 4 tap system from Kegconnection.

Co2 tank will be on the outside. I still need to drill the hole for the gas line.

Sorry for the low light photos..crappy cellphone pics.

Also a big shout-out to everyone in this thread that has giving me the idea to build such a beast! Thanks All!

036.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

My build so far..purchased the freezer new a few weeks ago from HD on sale. Since then been getting her ready. Wife just today gave me the ok to purchase the 4 tap system from Kegconnection.

Co2 tank will be on the outside. I still need to drill the hole for the gas line.

Sorry for the low light photos..crappy cellphone pics.

Also a big shout-out to everyone in this thread that has giving me the idea to build such a beast! Thanks All!

Dude, I'm digging that setup. Lovin the PVC ventilation system of course. Where'd you get the idea?

Dude, I'm digging that setup. Lovin the PVC ventilation system of course. Where'd you get the idea?

Thanks man! At the moment I wanted to keep the freezer stock. For an warranty issues. Once it expires then I'm going to paint her black.

As for the pvc. It is 2" with a few holes drilled out. It raises the kegs off the floor. I got the idea for dahappycamper in this thread...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-build-tips-lessons-learned-301204/

a lot of good info!

Thanks man! At the moment I wanted to keep the freezer stock. For an warranty issues. Once it expires then I'm going to paint her black.

As for the pvc. It is 2" with a few holes drilled out. It raises the kegs off the floor. I got the idea for dahappycamper in this thread...

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/keezer-build-tips-lessons-learned-301204/

a lot of good info!

Haha word, reason I asked is because I did the exact same thing when I built mine a few years back. And I got the idea from the same guy. I was trying to figure out if you got it from mine (I had posted a long time ago with a pic) or his.

Regardless, it works very well, though it's noisy.

E2RvWGJ.png

I bought the GE chest fridge to get the ball rolling and really really into this :ban::mug::mug:

Hey guys sorry being a newbie, I have been reading alot just still confused by what the OP used in his build. The image is of his equipment.

Any idea what sizes he used for the #5 tubing, was it 1/2 or maybe 3/8?

#2 is what goes on the ball bearing kegs right?

#3 I guess are the hose clamps he is going to use I think...

Thanks for the help very much!!!

Travis B Klein

The tubing should be 5/16" ID (Inside Diameter) for the gas line, and 3/16" ID for the beer line.

The fittings for ball-lock kegs are seen in #2, yes (though your system may use pin-lock couplers, or even Sanke couplers, depending on your kegs).

#3 are hose clamps. You may also see them in metal, or as worm-screw clamps.

New guy here! Have a question about the freezers that have the controls on front, do you have to mess with any of that?(since your using a temp controller anyway)

New guy here! Have a question about the freezers that have the controls on front, do you have to mess with any of that?(since your using a temp controller anyway)

Not if your freezer plugs into your temp control. Just turn the freezer down and let the controller do the work. Remember to set a compressor delay. I use 10 minutes.

Latest posts

Back