I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FAA will not allow sonic booms for air shows anymore. Russians taking over the country maybe?

Dang all my guns are set up for the zombies:mad:

Probably the Russians. Gotta sit on my porch with the .45 Ruger loaded and ready. I just hope they are zombie Russians.

FAA will not allow sonic booms for air shows anymore. Russians taking over the country maybe?

Dang all my guns are set up for the zombies:mad:

2011-01-04-red_dawn_original.jpg

I doubt he actually removed his avatar... what would even be the point? It looks like he got his account closed/suspended (maybe asked a mod for a temporary ban?) That's why you can't even send him a PM. Guess he really didn't want to leave himself vulnerable to a moment of weakness.

Seems kind of like cheating to me. :D

If that's the case, why does it still say peremium supporter? Shouldn't it say banned for lent or something?

Phone keeps ringing, everyone saying what's going on? Military training session is what everyone is saying. But what are they training for? Zombie invasion is imminent, I'm sure.

Phone keeps ringing, everyone saying what's going on? Military training session is what everyone is saying. But what are they training for? Zombie invasion is imminent, I'm sure.

SAAAYY Bobbi you doing more than fermenting beer and the government is sending in a strike force

SAAAYY Bobbi you doing more than fermenting beer and the government is sending in a strike force

Oh, the stuff I am growing? I know how to burn a 100 acres quick. :p It's oregano, I swear!!! Come taste it then you'll forget why you showed up.

So he doesn't lose the fee, I suppose.

The Dude rocks. At any rate, it's like I originally thought. Dan's avatar is gone because he is gone. When he returns, so will his avatar. That is the point I was trying to make. It's a symbol or statement, if you will, of his commitment to this sacrifice. Much like your avatar is a symbol of just the opposite.

I don't give a flying ****... always wondered what that really meant. Really though, nothing illegal growing here. Just wishful thinking.

The Dude rocks. At any rate, it's like I originally thought. Dan's avatar is gone because he is gone. When he returns, so will his avatar. That is the point I was trying to make. It's a symbol or statement, if you will, of his commitment to this sacrifice. Much like your avatar is a symbol of just the opposite.

Let's all bow our heads and take a moment, Dan, you will be missed. Amen.

There is a lot of military Operation airspace in your area, probably just a training exercise

There is a lot of military Operation airspace in your area, probably just a training exercise

Yeah, that's what I figured. Sonic booms make me jumpy. Jets zipping overhead. If zombies are coming, they will quickly be able to get to them.

So I had three beers tonight making and acting dinner. Then I started to bottle my IIPA. I boiled my priming sugar and poured it in the bucket. Sanitized my siphon, hoses and got it ready to move the beer over. Then I looked in the bucket and thought I had spilled too much sanitizer in there so I dumped it. Doh! :smack:

Luckily I only siphoned about a quart before I realized what I did and stopped. I boiled more sugar, added it and proceeded without any more issues (I hope.) Now that I'm done and have everything cleaned up I'm having another and starting to relax.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I had three beers tonight making and acting dinner. Then I started to bottle my IIPA. I boiled my priming sugar and poured it in the bucket. Sanitized my siphon, hoses and got it ready to move the beer over. Then I looked in the bucket and thought I had spilled too much sanitizer in there so I dumped it. Doh! :smack:

Luckily I only siphoned about a quart before I realized what I did and stopped. I boiled more sugar, added it and proceeded without any more issues (I hope.) Now that I'm done and have everything cleaned up I'm having another and starting to relax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WZ33w3B8Hw&sns=em

Been there and done that but I bottled it all and let it sit for 6 weeks or so before I caught it. Yup I now refrain from drinking until the wort goes into the bottling bucket. Oh and I refrain from drinking until I mash in as well.

On brewing day I usually don't crack one until after the boil is done. Of course I usually try to brew earlier in the day so it's not so thought to wait.

I start the mash about 8 or 9 at night so everyone is in bed during the boil and I do not have to hear about the smell.

I drink a beer put the head phones on drink another beer start the mash drink another beer on and on all the time jammin with the music. By the time it got to adding hops I was to drunk to care and they might not have got the care in timing that they should so I now wait till I mash in. Still pretty drunk during cleanup but who cares about that

Hopefully it is quiet because everyone is out enjoying Valentine's Day! I just finished work for the day (along with my sixth beer of the night) so I'm off to bed. Here's a song before I go ...

[ame="http://youtu.be/k9GVk3AclEM"]http://youtu.be/k9GVk3AclEM[/ame]

On one hand, I think so too, he'll go the whole 40 days. But, on the other hand, I see him coming to his senses and realizing what a ridiculous idea it was. 10 days tops. My money on it.
I won't bet, but I think he'll make it. He's said a couple things that makes me think he needs some time with his own thoughts to get things sorted out. I hope he is able to.

I don't give a flying ****... always wondered what that really meant. Really though, nothing illegal growing here. Just wishful thinking.
Hmm. I suppose I should find out if I can grow some now. I haven't had any for a long time, so I didn't really pay any attention when the law was changed.

Hmm, the answer is yes I could grow a limited quantity. However, I could still get arrested for breaking federal law and/or fired. Nope, not worth it. Oh well, it would have cut down on the drinking.

Now people are saying it was bombs going off, not sonic booms, a couple miles down the road there was some excitement, swat team raiding a house. "Cops everywhere", just glad they weren't looking for me. :mug:

OK BB, she's a little rough on that one.

Here's the best late night song evah. All 10 minutes worth. I go zen on this one.

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.

Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
You were caught on the cross fire of childhood and stardom,
Blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter, come on you stranger,
You legend, you martyr, and shine!

You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Treatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision,
Rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions, come on you painter,
You piper, you prisoner, and shine!

Nobody knows where you are, how near or how far.
Pile on many more layers and i'll be joining you there.
And we'll bask in the shadow of yesterday's triumph,
And sail on the steel breeze.
Come on you boy child, you winner and loser,
Come on you miner for truth and delusion, and shine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back