Question from a beginner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say shoe box with $1,500 to $2,000 of spare cash would be a great start besides shopping around for the best prices on the needed items.
Good hunting and parts collecting.

OT - Nurmey - THAT is funny. I have done that with large blogs and you just can not recreate it can you, 100% SUCKS!!

nthom0214 - read those links. It might sound hard but it's like chess. Easy to play once you have the pieces but once you learn the game you will start to see that there is more to it then you first thought.

You CAN make pretty good beer pretty easy though if you are careful.

A beer kit
A pot
A fermenting bucket
50 12oz bottles and caps
Bottle capper

That's about what I started with. Sanitized with a bleach solution. Covered the bucket (I think I used a plastic trash can, don't know if I'd do that again) with a sanitized piece of a plastic drop cloth.

Hey Zymurgrafi, thanks for the link. Lots of good info. I think I am finally beginning to understand all of this stuff. Going to be brewing my first batch ever tonight, an american pale ale. I'm only going to use a primary, and I was really confused about how long to keep it in there, but now I know why everyone suggests about 3 weeks versus the 1 week that the kit tells you, which is good cause I gotta save up some more bottles! Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back