Calling NJ brewers.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
The WHALES home brewing club is meeting this Tuesday, 2/19/08 at 8pm in JJ Bitings Brewpub in Woodbridge. Since we're early in the year, now would be a great time to check it out and see if you want to join.

We talk about brewing, taste each other's beers, participate in club only competitions, organize big brew projects like Belgian Trippels, Meads, and various other brews in big oak barrels, trips, pubcrawls, etc. Members range from AHA nationals-placing veterans to beginner extract brewers. Two members are on track to be certified BJCP judges too.

Dues are $40 a year and you don't have to decide to join or pay until your 3rd meeting. It pays for itself in a couple months given all the beer you'll taste and a lot of it goes towards picnic and holiday party food.

Want more info? Want to show up with me so you "know" someone? PM me.

Ok, the next WHALES meeting is upon us. Next Tuesday, 3/18/08 at 8pm at JJ Bittings Brewpub in Woodbridge, NJ.

Potential new members and general interested parties are welcome. Post here with any questions....

Some people get there 7:30ish and have a pint at the bar. Near 8pm, everyone migrates upstairs and sits at a long table. You can't miss it. It's probably better for the new folks to be there a little before 8 so you don't feel like you're creeping in while the meeting is in session. We usually go through the official agenda and then by the time the tasting starts, it's relaxed and conversational. In any case, I hope to see new faces there tonight.

Bobby, nope, I missed yet another meeting...for sure the next one though. I do realize that in order to get the hang of homebrewing, I need to be around others with the similar passion. There are way too many questions to get answered online or with reading. I went down to the Brewers Apprentice 2 weeks ago, spoke with a couple of the guys there, had my Blonde Ale sampled, and picked up a new recipe of a Red Ale...I've put off joining you guys for a while now, but it was attending the First Annual Brewfest in Woodbridge awhile back that put me over the edge. Hopefully I see you at the next meeting.

Heh, I probably put the wristband on you at the gate at the brewfest. By the way, we sample about 5-15 different beers at every meeting. If that's not a good reason to drop by, I don't know what is. FYI, I won't be at the next one but I hope to see you at the May meeting.

Yes indeed. It's called "the flight" and sometimes you hear very little feedback in a fury of tastings unless it's outstanding. If a few people ask you about it, you'll know it was interesting. There are also club only competitions where the club picks a winner and it gets forwarded to a large BJCP style comp. We currently have two BJCP recognized judges in the club (they took the test, no results yet).

Back