Yet another Infection concern

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndazs

Reaction score
So i have brewed about 10 batches of beer, with my many Mr. Beer kits i have. This is the first time i have seen this in my fermenter. This is an American Ale HME with 12oz of DME. Fermentation started on the 12th of Dec. at 72F, OG @ 1.042. I have never seen these white floaties on the top like this before. Im going to bottle anyway at 2 weeks providing my FG is within limits. Should i rack to a secondary and ladle off the "infection", or just bottle and let it sit, to see what happens? I have never racked to a secondary, but thought it may be usefull to see if the "infection" persists. Thanks for the input guys!!!!!!!
infection.jpg

So i have brewed about 10 batches of beer, with my many Mr. Beer kits i have. This is the first time i have seen this in my fermenter. This is an American Ale HME with 12oz of DME. Fermentation started on the 12th of Dec. at 72F, OG @ 1.042. I have never seen these white floaties on the top like this before. Im going to bottle anyway at 2 weeks providing my FG is within limits. Should i rack to a secondary and ladle off the "infection", or just bottle and let it sit, to see what happens? I have never racked to a secondary, but thought it may be usefull to see if the "infection" persists. Thanks for the input guys!!!!!!!

Looks normal to me, all I see are yeast rafts and co2 bottles

Looks normal to me, all I see are yeast rafts and co2 bottles

sweet....didn't know the yeast floated and clumped like that. thanks Matt! Now lets see if the batch i started yesterday starts to ferment......Damn you Mr. Beer yeast! Im out of Nottingham Yeast and no HBS here in Kuwait :D

sweet....didn't know the yeast floated and clumped like that. thanks Matt! Now lets see if the batch i started yesterday starts to ferment......Damn you Mr. Beer yeast! Im out of Nottingham Yeast and no HBS here in Kuwait :D

No problem, they can clump and look pretty funky.

Back