A Thank You to Mendocino Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimstuff

Reaction score
So I just brewed up a 15-gallon batch for a family camping trip and all the sudden realized I didn't have any bottle caps (I know, I should be kegging, but I'm earning my Certificate in Cheap Bastard Brewing).

Living up here in Ukiah I have apparently zero resources for homebrew supplies, and so on a whim decided to contact the Mendocino Brewing Company to see if anyone down there knew of where I could get some bottle caps locally. An hour later I get a call and am told that they have some caps for me.

I drive down to the brewery. I'm expecting a small bag of caps set aside for the pitiful little homebrewer who forgot to order them with his grains. I go into the office and meet John Scahill, one of the founders of the company. He tells me to meet him out back near the dumpsters. Whereupon I see two pallets full of 10,000-unit cases full of caps. The label is no longer used, so he says take as much as I want, and if there are any other homebrewers in the area, that they can come and take some as well.

And that's how I got enough caps to last me well beyond the time that I'll spend bottling before moving over to kegging.

So I wanted to share that with the other norcal homebrewers here, and to express my appreciation for John Scahill and the Mendocino Brewing Company for their generosity.

--David

Back