GF Holiday Beer Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superjab7

Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for a good recipe to brew up in time for the holiday season. I was thinking about making a batch and giving my dad, who has celiacs, a case for Christmas or something. Any good holiday recipes someone could suggest? I was thinking maybe something with cherries! Thanks!

It's possible that you're cutting it a little too close. Are you looking at bottling or kegging?
I'm kinda rushing mine, and I did a light spiced beer. Similar to the others posted here.

Or are you looking at staring one up with him so that it'll be done in a month or two? I'm still looking at cherry beers, I haven't really decided how I'm going to work mine. I'm considering cherry concentrate rather than cherries, either sweet, tart, or a mix of the two.

Did you want to avoid sorghum? I like working with sorghum extract, mostly cause I can get it in quantities that make it easier to brew, rather than single pound containers.

Haha ya I know it's close, but with semester wrapping up, I didn't have time to brew these last few weeks. I'm gonna be bottling though. If its not done for 2 months thats not a big deal to me. Just miss brewing.

I have a lot of brown rice syrup, so I was thinking of doing a mox of that and sorghum, haven't really decided. I definitely wanna make some sort of cherry ale if possible, and cherry concentrate sounds good. Just wanted to know if there are any good recipes out there.

Back