15 minute blonde ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlk47

Reaction score
I've read through the thread where people are having great success with 15 minute boil pale ales and IPAs, but was wondering if anyone has used the same process with a lighter style such as blonde ale. I've tried experimenting with it a few times and it seems to work fairly decent with just a bit more hop aroma & flavor.

Anyone done something similar?

I have done some 30 minute boils but not as short as 15 minutes. I think to get any IBU's you would need to start with some high AA hops. I might have to play around with Brewersfriend and see what I can come up with. :mug:

Besides the extract base grain, you'd really want to steep some crystal then boil. So 15 min is just not good, but it can be done pretty quick.

You can do quick stuff with a high quality, mixed extract. Williams has some extract with mixed grains like pils+Munich or a nut brown mix or red ale. You could just do those with no steeped grains, boil for 15-20 minutes with the hop of your choice.

Back