Conversation at my mother's house...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I say, "It's good. Nice and malty."

"MALTY?!" She practically screams. "It's not malty, it's hoppy!"

"Well there's definitely a hop character to it but it's definitely maltier in overall flavor. It's a barley wine, it's supposed to be malty."

"No, Derek. It's hoppy. I don't like malty beer."

And like that, the conversation was over. I wonder if there's any hope.

This reminds me of the those old Miller Light commercials. Less Filling / Tastes Great!

I live for the day when there is a Sierra Nevada Bigfoot commercial with the same argument.

Its Malty! / No its Hoppy!

:rockin:

I wish I would have found this thread earlier. There are so many things I missed the chance to comment on. Lets see here. back to the beginning. All in good fun of course. Heck of a disclaimer eh :)

This rant was over as soon as you said your mom likes barleywine. That has to be one of the coolest mom's I know.
Yes, do not come in looking for sympathy because doesn't identify the flavor profile of her Barley Wine accurately enough. Most of us are lucky to have our parents taste our brews.

I'm not entirely sure she knows what a pale ale is. As I said, she's a hophead, more or less exclusively so.

All in favor of dragging this thread right back off topic and talking about my marriage/Revvy dating my mom, now...
Wishing we would get back to discussing perverted men of the cloth getting with your mom speaks of a very troubling childhood and could explain some those rough times in childhood that helped develop your defense mechanisms.

I am so appealing this. Also, if any of you asses are ever in Nashville, you are so not invited to hang out and drink at my place.
you can't appeal the revoking of a man card while saying "SO" about everything. This is how my 12 year old sister speaks. OMG he's SOO cute!"

That's it, it is so on. I challenge all y'all to a brew-off. Tastiest beer (to be judged by an impartial panel) wins and gets to keep his man card.
Why is the guy who accidently turns Pale Ales into Barley Wines challenging anyone to a brew contest? Not to mention our ManCards are not in question here.

Captain of the Academic Team, actually. I could probably out-trivia any one of you. Chicks dig dudes with glasses.
Chicks dig dude's with glasses is something you're mother invented the day you had to get glasses so you wouldn't feel so bad about being made fun of the next day in elementry school. Hot Chicks in adult life dig guys with glasses that also HAPPEN to have jobs that offer $20K raises :D

Somehow this turned into Junior High all over again. You can all kiss my ass. I am now leaving to go have sex with my young, attractive wife. Good night.
you say as you walk away to read the newest harry Potter novel and your hot wife drives off to the club with her freinds.:p

Obviously, you've never met my wife.
Oh we've ALL met your wife! haha ok, that was too much.

I can just feel the love overflowing here.
That is the special love that only this forum can offer. It's like my group of friends. If we're not bashing you constantly and slamming you everytime you mess up at something, you're not really part of the group.
All in Brew Love.

Chicks dig dude's with glasses is something you're mother invented the day you had to get glasses so you wouldn't feel so bad about being made fun of the next day in elementry school. Hot Chicks in adult life dig guys with glasses that also HAPPEN to have jobs that offer $20K raises

Dudes with glasses tend to become those guys with jobs that offer $20K raises. Mostly because we're intelligent (YES, I know myopia and intelligence aren't actually related) and sucked at physical stuff and had to pick something else to excel at. It has been my observation that as I grow older, my access to attractive women has increased substantially.

Dudes with glasses tend to become those guys with jobs that offer $20K raises. Mostly because we're intelligent (YES, I know myopia and intelligence aren't actually related) and sucked at physical stuff and had to pick something else to excel at. It has been my observation that as I grow older, my access to attractive women has increased substantially.

Exactly. The attractive women have had their fun and need a stable life now. That is not a bad thing. You get the good looking respective ones without the drama of highschool.
I know my comments may have been harsh, but they're all to be taken as jokes in good humor. Except about the ALL of us meeting your wife. Maybe a little too much.

I wish I would have found this thread earlier. There are so many things I missed the chance to comment on. Lets see here. back to the beginning. All in good fun of course. Heck of a disclaimer eh :)

Yes, do not come in looking for sympathy because doesn't identify the flavor profile of her Barley Wine accurately enough. Most of us are lucky to have our parents taste our brews.

Wishing we would get back to discussing perverted men of the cloth getting with your mom speaks of a very troubling childhood and could explain some those rough times in childhood that helped develop your defense mechanisms.

you can't appeal the revoking of a man card while saying "SO" about everything. This is how my 12 year old sister speaks. OMG he's SOO cute!"

Why is the guy who accidently turns Pale Ales into Barley Wines challenging anyone to a brew contest? Not to mention our ManCards are not in question here.

Chicks dig dude's with glasses is something you're mother invented the day you had to get glasses so you wouldn't feel so bad about being made fun of the next day in elementry school. Hot Chicks in adult life dig guys with glasses that also HAPPEN to have jobs that offer $20K raises :D

you say as you walk away to read the newest harry Potter novel and your hot wife drives off to the club with her freinds.:p

Oh we've ALL met your wife! haha ok, that was too much.

That is the special love that only this forum can offer. It's like my group of friends. If we're not bashing you constantly and slamming you everytime you mess up at something, you're not really part of the group.
All in Brew Love.

As good as all that was, your avatar still creeps me the hell out!

ok ok ok, im just going to go ahead and say sorry right now for that.

Eh, the tension has passed. Took a long freaking time, but it passed.

Also? The point about my original post is taken. Many times over. Seriously, my ass is sore and I want to go home.

This really ought to be in an 18+ forum, in no small part due to my contributions... Then again, who's under 18 and homebrewing?

How many times do we need to tell you that adding a urinal cake to your beer will not make it any better. You cant turn your "barleywine" back into a pale no matter what you do!

So, you been drinking with shecky huh? :ban:
Someone should have warned you about that!

That could be the funniest comment yet on this!

I knew something was amiss when he handed me that cloudy, bluish beer...

Well, that and the fact he puts away the guitar and breaks out the banjo.
So, I see that in breaking away to pick my daughter up at pre-school that this turned into a thread bashing me. That's fine. You will get your commupence.

I will strike when you least expect it. You are not on my level. You shall be smited.:rockin:

I'm human. It won't happen again.

Today.

Human?!?!?! Well, my images of you have just been dashed on the rocks....
And had I known that you were off on such a noble quest, I would not have stooped to dragging your good name through the mud like that..... snicker, snicker....

Human?!?!?! Well, my images of you have just been dashed on the rocks....
And had I known that you were off on such a noble quest, I would not have stooped to dragging your good name through the mud like that..... snicker, snicker....

Kiss ass, your just afraid to be smited!

Hey, I am married! Anytime a little effort on my part can minimize the chances of a "smiting", I go with it!
My wife is Hispanic... She will smack your ass in the back of the head with a shoe in a minute! Just ask one of the kids.
The last thing I need is a Shecky on my ass too. I do have a max capacity rating on my ass!

Dontja get it Bernerbits...you passed all are noob tests to be part of our "postwhore posse"...I think that happened the minute you played along with me about your mom...it proved you were pretty much a good Joe....that's probably why they've stuck around and jostled with you some more...

:mug:

Im going to go duck and hit. The universe must be getting torn to shreds, sheky was just corrected for a gramatical error.

It's not being a grammar nazi if you correct a grammatical mistake with a worse grammatical mistake.

Dontja get it Bernie...you passed all are noob tests to be part of our "postwhore posse"...I think that happened the minute you played along with me about your mom...it proved you were pretty much a good Joe....that's probably why they've stuck around and jostled with you some more...

Hell I even got in someone's sig for it. That's among the highest honors on any board. Now if someone would only buy me a lifetime membership.

Dontja get it Bernerbits...you passed all are noob tests to be part of our "postwhore posse"...I think that happened the minute you played along with me about your mom...it proved you were pretty much a good Joe....that's probably why they've stuck around and jostled with you some more...

:mug:

I believe the truth in your post just came to light in the subsequent one...

It's not being a grammar nazi if you correct a grammatical mistake with a worse grammatical mistake.

OH $HIT! Dude, you are right on! Welcome to the postwhore posse! Not that I am one or anything..... Just sayin'...

Hey, I am married! Anytime a little effort on my part can minimize the chances of a "smiting", I go with it!
My wife is Hispanic... She will smack your ass in the back of the head with a shoe in a minute! Just ask one of the kids.
The last thing I need is a Shecky on my ass too. I do have a max capacity rating on my ass!
Man, there is no wrath like that of a Hispanic woman scorned. I feel for you, so much so that I'll contain my wrath where you are concerned.:p

Hell I even got in someone's sig for it. That's among the highest honors on any board. Now if someone would only buy me a lifetime membership.

my apologizes. I thought you meant the post you had quoted before saying it was sigged. That's why I didn't see it. Congratulations! You are more important that I now! And that's saying something! It's saying you are now the 2nd to Least important person on HBT :p

Man, there is no wrath like that of a Hispanic woman scorned. I feel for you, so much so that I'll contain my wrath where you are concerned.:p

My wife is latina as well so I know ALL about that. I actually took a class at the community college about Latin American history and culture that helped me a lot in understanding her and why she reacts to some things in certain ways.

Back