My wife is nuts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polecreek

Reaction score
:drunk:She wants to get another dog tomorrow, we already have 4 dogs, 2pigs and 3 kids. I may need to get drunk tonight.

At least she didn't pull the crap my wife did ...
I used to drive truck on Saturdays as a second job. I needed to get up super early that one day each week. One Friday night she would not let me go to bed...wanted to keep talking about a puppy her mother wanted to send the kids. As SWMBO had made me find a new home for my dog ( a 6 month old lab) I was in no mood to discuss another dog.... much less a Chichuha puppy. ANyway, finally, about 11 pm I said, "Ok listen...I've got 4 hours to fall asleep, wake up and drive 20 miles to get in the truck... I need to go to sleep, so lets talk about this later". Her answer was that no, we had to talk about it then... so finally, in desperation I said, ok...ok... tell your mother to send the f'ing thing! Her response this time? "Oh good, I'm glad you said that....my sister is taking me to the airport tomorrow morning at 9 to meet the flight".

I see I'm not the only one with a wife who is nuts, if mine had her way, we would be living in a dog kennel.

I used to drive truck on Saturdays as a second job. I needed to get up super early that one day each week. One Friday night she would not let me go to bed...wanted to keep talking about a puppy her mother wanted to send the kids. As SWMBO had made me find a new home for my dog ( a 6 month old lab) I was in no mood to discuss another dog.... much less a Chichuha puppy. ANyway, finally, about 11 pm I said, "Ok listen...I've got 4 hours to fall asleep, wake up and drive 20 miles to get in the truck... I need to go to sleep, so lets talk about this later". Her answer was that no, we had to talk about it then... so finally, in desperation I said, ok...ok... tell your mother to send the f'ing thing! Her response this time? "Oh good, I'm glad you said that....my sister is taking me to the airport tomorrow morning at 9 to meet the flight".

Dude... WTF?

A solution would be to get a Lab... they shed so much that it would be unlikely that you would want another. Every week we sweep up enough hair to make a sweater for a Chihuahua (no kidding). Granted my lab my may shed more than normal, however ask lab owners they shed profusely.

A solution would be to get a Lab... they shed so much that it would be unlikely that you would want another. Every week we sweep up enough hair to make a sweater for a Chihuahua (no kidding). Granted my lab my may shed more than normal, however ask lab owners they shed profusely.

No, a solution would be for him to put his a ******* foot down. This is not a situation where the wife wants to get a "first" family pet for the kid. They already have a zoo there. Stop being a *****. You are not compromising, you're being a little *****. Everybody needs to make sacrifices and compromises in their marriage/family, but stop being walked all over...

My wife and kids have been on my case for a few weeks about a dog. I've always had dogs in the past. Typically in the 40-80 pound range. I want a dog, but I want a big 100+ pound drooling dog with a head the size of a basketball. My wife and daughters think it's a great idea to get a 4 pound barking hampster.

I told them that they could get one as soon as I get my dog. I'm a big manly man, I can't have a damn shedding rat running around my house. I'm afraid I'll accidentally step on it and kill it. :D

No, a solution would be for him to put his a ******* foot down. This is not a situation where the wife wants to get a "first" family pet for the kid. They already have a zoo there. Stop being a *****. You are not compromising, you're being a little *****. Everybody needs to make sacrifices and compromises in their marriage/family, but stop being walked all over...

Wow those are some harsh words (or * :cross:), I was only trying to make light of how much my dog sheds. (I do however agree with you in theory).

Dont get me wrong I like dogs as much as she does, I just like to rantand rave about it or we would have the *******zooo someone mentioned. As for putting my ***** foot down, thats just funny, that advice comes from someone who doesnt like *****.;)

Seriously, that's messed up.

That sucks. I would have been furious.

My ex-wife had big issues with animals and babies. We had trouble having kids (thank God!!!), and every time she ran into one of our friends who became pregnant, or heard about a relative who got pregnant, she went into this neurotic need to get a pet. Thankfully she never got a dog, but she did get an aquarium of fish, and two rats. All said, I really liked the rats.

I had two cats and three dogs for the longest time. The years caught up to them and started taking them one by one, so I'm down to two dogs now. Yes, they are hairy and yes they shed a lot, even for Chihuahuas, but I love 'em and can't imagine life without them. I'm sure when these two finally go, I'll be getting some more.

Our lab doesn't shed much at all. I'm sure she does, but it's not noticeable. Our golden was a shedder!!

We had 4 dogs at one time now we are down to 2 as my older son took 2 since he can have pets now at his place

Wanna see a dog that sheds?!! Bear is Newfoundland hound lab mix weighs in at 135 and is only a year old ..this is him at about 8 months .

LITTLEDOG.jpg

We have two dogs already, and had two guniue pigs till one died.

My wife keeps going on about these damned chinese crested dogs. Have you seen THESE things? hairless inbret rat looking freaks. She wants to name them Dolce & Gabbana :rolleyes:

Are you ******* kidding me? I told her that when I get my two Dogo Argentino's that she could have her dogs :D

Dogo.jpg

She kept you up half the night to badger you about getting a dog, and she'd already made the plans and was going around you anyway. This is seriously not o.k. She needs to be respectful of your needs and wishes.

I guess we would be the exception here. Four Goldens - dad and three sons, two Newfs - both special needs recues, and two Maine Coon cats - both rescues. Animal fur is considered a food group and normal part of everyday life. We also take in rescues of almost any breed as needed and especially Newfs.

I'm kind of with everyone else about this one...I would have told my wife to pack a suitcase to take with her to the airport because she is going to be on the next flight to "out of the house". My wife knows better than to make a decision like that without talking about it first just like I know not to do it to her. IMHO if my wife ever tried that with me, I would consider that an agregious breach of trust, not to mention a serious lack of respect, and would more than likely part ways.

Proud owner of 5 now.
1English mastiff
2American bulldog
3snoodle
4Australian Shepard
5Cocker Spanial (new puppy)
I like my dogs more than people, just started this thread to blow off steam. My dogs have it better than most people actually.

I'm kind of with everyone else about this one...I would have told my wife to pack a suitcase to take with her to the airport because she is going to be on the next flight to "out of the house". My wife knows better than to make a decision like that without talking about it first just like I know not to do it to her. IMHO if my wife ever tried that with me, I would consider that an agregious breach of trust, not to mention a serious lack of respect, and would more than likely part ways.

Ah, yeah, but she's wife #3, and at that time I didn't feel much like being a 3 time loser. Plus we has two small kids. Now years later she's finally learned more about respect, and we do get along well these past several years.

Latest posts

Back