How do you dry your autosiphon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse17

Yep....I tell you what...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, another noob questions here. I used my auto siphon for the first time about 8 days ago. When I was done, I ran some dishwater though it, and then rinced it with a no rince sanitizer. Today I noticed it still has water/sanitizer drops in the cane and hose. So now what? I am afraid that it will start molding or growing algea in the hose/cane. Any tips on how to dry it?
Drinking: Budweiser (I told you I'm just getting started, why can't you just leave me alone)

You don't have to worry about the water spots.

I just hang my cane over a hook and allow the hose to fall straight. The water will drop out or dry.

Whatever you do DO NOT store the cane inside the tube. This will keep the seal compressed and will not allow it to seal in the future.

Prior to assembly for use you should also wet both parts to lubricate them for easier assembly and use. ;)

I pop the cane from the tube and flip them upside down and they usually dry within a day or so.
Cleaning and drying after use is all you really need to do, save the sanitizer for just before you use it.

I pop the cane from the tube and flip them upside down and they usually dry within a day or so.
Cleaning and drying after use is all you really need to do, save the sanitizer for just before you use it.

Well, I'll bet in the last 7 years since the post, that the siphon has dried..............

Back