What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received another pack of S-bend airlocks- Does anyone else snap these on a regular basis? I have so-much trouble getting them out of carboy bungs.... (and before anyone suggests th 3 piece airlocks, I loose pieces of those down the drain all the time
Ive used nothing but the 3 piece airlocks. They're almost indestructible. , how do you lose parts down the drain?

Ive used nothing but the 3 piece airlocks. They're almost indestructible. , how do you lose parts down the drain?
We have a garbage disposal and I guess it ends up washing down there? Or I put them somewhere to dry and the get knocked under something or tidied away to places unknown?
I'm guessing on those two.....
Although now that I'm a little more familiar with the process, have a system and am less likely to do daft things- perhaps the 3 piece airlocks are worth trying again!

My first bulk hop order came yesterday:
8oz whole cone for mosaic, 007, & willamette; 8oz pellet for east kent golding & citra. All 2017 harvest.
This is the first of 2 orders I made recently, and the average per oz cost across both orders INCLUDING shipping was just $1.18 - I should have started doing this sooner!

We have a garbage disposal and I guess it ends up washing down there? Or I put them somewhere to dry and the get knocked under something or tidied away to places unknown?
I'm guessing on those two.....
Although now that I'm a little more familiar with the process, have a system and am less likely to do daft things- perhaps the 3 piece airlocks are worth trying again!
my brew day doesnt end until Ive cleaned up my equipment and its all back in the brewing storage container. Nothing gets mixed with normal house dishes. My OCD of tools carries over to brewing.

Soulshine2- Probably a better habit than mine! I clean everything before sitting down/being done, but my downfall is drying, and wanting to let everything air dry before being put away. I'm starting to get better, in that I have a bin for drying brewing stuff.

Got this Crazy Porch Bomb from @pshankstar today!! Thanks for the generous shipment! Your 2nd box should drop tomorrow.
2epj0av.jpg[img]

i received muslin bags today for dry hopping.

I use both 2 and 3 piece airlocks, I prefer to use 2 piece for long term aging beers since the don't dry out on me as fast. I started brewing with 3 piece so i still use them for all my short term beers.

Second hop order arrived yesterday: a pound of northern brewer whole hops, and a pound of amarillo pellets. Guess I'm set for awhile (ish).

Ok didn't come in the mail, craigslist find, one of the chillers not boxed doesn't work but told it is fixable. Still a killer deal. The one in the box is new. Hopefully I can get to them soon and see which one isn't working.
20180819_113539.jpeg

Got my seeds for my spring garden!! Park Seed Co. gave the best prices and had all I wanted to grow. I am on a pepper kick currently so half of the packs were genus Capsicum!

Attachments

• Message_1535415704399.jpg
    Message_1535415704399.jpg
    844.1 KB · Views: 80
Get in on the Ambassador club this year! It’s only $200, and you get 8 bottles, plus all the discounts.

But yeah, still a quick and easy way to drain the bank...

@afro_lou - Registration opens up next week.

Yes it does! Full disclosure, though, I decided to pass on renewing this year... I liked the cheaper membership cost, but I miss the extra swag and especially the year-long bottle storage. I feel like I have enough RB for now, anyway. But hey! Maybe now you can be my RB hookup!

Should be coming today.

Best part is, Amazon missed their 1-day shipping target so now I am getting it for free!

71Qj3IeealL._SY550_.jpg

Yes it does! Full disclosure, though, I decided to pass on renewing this year... I liked the cheaper membership cost, but I miss the extra swag and especially the year-long bottle storage. I feel like I have enough RB for now, anyway. But hey! Maybe now you can be my RB hookup!

Yeah it's a hard toss-up. I really only planned on doing it for a few months to build up my cellar before my beer budget goes to nil in a year. We'll see...

Yeah it's a hard toss-up. I really only planned on doing it for a few months to build up my cellar before my beer budget goes to nil in a year. We'll see...

Hard toss up for sure... I may still do the 3 or 6 bottle thing. It’s just waaay to easy to spend all the money on the extra bottles and presales for the Ambassadors. I am also bummed that they stopped doing Ambassador only growlers and glasses this year, and now they’re just continuing that. Those were nice perks.

Hard toss up for sure... I may still do the 3 or 6 bottle thing. It’s just waaay to easy to spend all the money on the extra bottles and presales for the Ambassadors. I am also bummed that they stopped doing Ambassador only growlers and glasses this year, and now they’re just continuing that. Those were nice perks.

Lol, crazier idea ... maybe I should actually drink one of these before I do anything further, lol! Fortunately there are some doubles from the shipment, so I may just do that.

Lol, crazier idea ... maybe I should actually drink one of these before I do anything further, lol! Fortunately there are some doubles from the shipment, so I may just do that.

Lol, you actually DRINK your beer??? What kind of craziness is that? All of mine are purely cellar decorations. [emoji12]

Back