Auber Sous Vide Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DKershner

Reaction score
It says in the specs that it's rated to 15A. That translates to 1650W at 110V. The only issue there is that with a 1500W element you will be near the limit of that circuit's breaker if it's on a 15A circuit and you may run into problems with nuisance trips. Otherwise you could use it to control a heatstick pretty easily.

It says in the specs that it's rated to 15A. That translates to 1650W at 110V. The only issue there is that with a 1500W element you will be near the limit of that circuit's breaker if it's on a 15A circuit and you may run into problems with nuisance trips. Otherwise you could use it to control a heatstick pretty easily.

Well, I am pretty sure the circuit breaker the outlet I would be using is a 20A (in the garage, new house).

I would be mildly concerned about the breaker/relay/whatever inside the auber box though...should I not be?

If I should be, I wonder if it is replaceable with a higher amp unit...

I don't know about replacing it, I'm sure you could email Auber and see what they say. As far as worrying about it, if you run a 1500W 110V element through it I imagine it'll shorten it's life, but then again it's rated for 15A, so it should function fine.

I don't know about replacing it, I'm sure you could email Auber and see what they say. As far as worrying about it, if you run a 1500W 110V element through it I imagine it'll shorten it's life, but then again it's rated for 15A, so it should function fine.

Thanks for the help!

Why not just get an induction element from Vallrath or Cooktek. That's basically what those things are minus the element.

The highest wattage you can get without jumping to 220V is 1800W. After that they go up to 3500W. Your kettles may take to induction. Some do.

Why not just get an induction element from Vallrath or Cooktek. That's basically what those things are minus the element.

The highest wattage you can get without jumping to 220V is 1800W. After that they go up to 3500W. Your kettles may take to induction. Some do.

Interested in your idea, I walked around with a magnet this morning. The pot I was thinking of using, a 7.5gal aluminum Bayou classic, was not magnetic. My 15.5gal Stainless bayou's were though.

I can only find $500ish induction elements, are these the ones you were talking about?

Back