Oktoberfest in Munich...Survey...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewer_99

Reaction score
Anyone interested?
I've been (OK, I'm a bit drunk :drunk:) thinking about going back...and maybe doing a pay-as-you-go trip and seeing if there is any interest in a group going over to Munich in September 07?

The PAYG plan is basically -- you pay as you go...the expense of the trip is on you. Not only that, but my expenses will be paid by ME...I will not accept a FREE trip for being a tour guide and translator as many other trips go.

I am just sending out this survey to see if anyone would be interested. I am about 49% interested myself.

Of course, this will not only be a DRINKING tour (yeah, right ;)) although we will be drinking every day!

If the interest is touring other places I am also up for that.

This is not a definite thing. I am just curious to see how many people would be at least half serious about it...and financially secure to do it...OK 49% as I am...:D

I think a small group of about 5-6 people would be managable as we would be travelling by train and such. Depending on the length of the "tour" I was thinking back-packing it (no sleeping bags (schlafsack) required) and a rental car would cost too much...even more with 2 of them.

I've been thinking about doing something like this after I retire in a couple of years...on an informal basis naturally...

I've been all over Europe and enjoy being there at all times of the year...now if I can just convince SWMBO..................................................;)

I am for sure interested, the only thing that would stop me is finances, but it could tie in with another trip I planned, so maybe...

well in your opinion how much we looking at here?

Well lets say SWMBO and I would want to go for a week. Nothing fancy, but a whole lot of drinking. Airfare included.....2k? 4k? You have a ballpark figure?

I am not really sure, but I think about 1000 for the week including airfare.

Airfare would be the bulk of it. I stayed at a farm house about 25 miles away. I'm sure I can get rooms for like $15 per person per night...unless the rates changed. Travel to and from would be by train unless we spring for a van and fuel.

With our own transportation I could take everyone on side trips to the Neuschwanstein/Linderhof castles, Garmisch/Zugspitze, Dachau Concentration Camp, Hofbrauhaus, etc.

Just trinking out loud.:D

Just did a quick search on Travelocity, flights from Washington-Dulles to Munich for the last weekend in September and returning the next weekend are $544-$860 per person. That would be for leaving on the last Friday in Sept and returning on the first Friday in Oct.

I'll know nearer the time. Bump this once a month or make it a sticky.
I'd love to do Munich.

It's a real possibility for me.
If any one wants to fly to the UK and then on to Munich let me know.

Back