Heating for Fermentation chamber ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bru

Reaction score
Im in the process of building a fermentation chamber using a freezer. I have a dual stage temp. controller - what can I use as a heating element ? I was considering an IR bulb like you find on carvery units - any other ideas ?

Do a web a search for reptile warmers. Your hits will direct you to exotic pet supply stores. They use ceramic heating lamps in terrariums for lizards and such. I am headed that direction for my chamber when I build it. I will also add a fan for air circulation.

Also, some these places sell the bulk heat wrap sold as FermWrap at the different online brew shops. While I have never done it, these kits allow you do make custom sized wraps and the electrical connects appear to be some sort of crimp clip. Looks simple.

I would get something like this:

812be34c-2091-452d-8cdf-f9f9ccd7ab5e_300.jpg

They are little heater with fans and sell at big box stores for about $14. That way they circulate air while heating for more even temperatures.

I would get something like this:

812be34c-2091-452d-8cdf-f9f9ccd7ab5e_300.jpg

They are little heater with fans and sell at big box stores for about $14. That way they circulate air while heating for more even temperatures.

I did this for my chamber. Fan and heat in one package/plug. They have thermostat and fan speed settings and have safety features. Cheap, easy, and functional.

Back