San Francisco Travel Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anon

Reaction score
Hey fellow homebrewers! My wife and I are going to be in San Francisco this coming up weekend! We are going to be staying near Fisherman's Wharf and already have Alcatraz and the Muir Woods National Monument on our list. What about brewpubs and restaurants?! I have for sure Rogue's bar and Magnolia on my list. Thanks!

Give Sara's Ruby Mild a shot at Magnolia, my favorite beer there. If you are renting a car you NEED to check out Russian River Brewing Company. It is a 45-50 min. drive north from the city to Santa Rosa. Get some Fresh Pliny and specatular sours. The food is really good as well. There is also 21st Amendment and Anchor brewing, but you need to make an appointment to go on a tour at Anchor. Lagunitas is also north of the city in Petaluma.

The San Francisco area is one of my beer meccas. I love that place!

Have fun!

If you make it to the Union Square area the Golden Gate Taproom usually has mostly Crafts on tap. I usually head there with clients while I am in the city.

There are many many pubs that have a great selection for Cali craft brews so feel free to wander and you'll never know what you shall find!

Also - My favorite restaurant is in North Beach called "The House". Get the pork chop and prepare to have your mind blow :). It is walking distance from The Wharf. Make sure you call and get a reservation a week or so ahead of time. It is reasonably priced, but it is small and very busy.

Have a great time!

check out rickybobby in the lower haight for dinner. Amazing gourmet pub style food for very reasonable prices, one of my favorite SF spots. Also if your in the mission for lunch check out La Palma for my favorite taqueria in the city on 24th and Florida, or for dinner Southpaw BBQ and nano brewery between 17th and 18th on mission!

Heading out there for an event later this month - Any suggestions in your trials of new spots?

I'll be in San Francisco for work the weekend of July 11/12; do any of the LHBS around there have taprooms attached? I think I would prefer that going to a larger brewery for a tour. Or are there any beer events going on that weekend?

Back