Extract Wheat Beer Recommendation? Re-use WLP300

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chachi

Reaction score
I have a German Hefeweizen fermenting right now using White Labs WLP300 yeast and I was hoping to get some all grain/mini-mash recommendations from you guys as I was thinking I should just re-use the yeast pancake when I take it out of the primary. I mean, why wait to finish my Hefeweizen before I brew some backup?

I have a German Hefeweizen fermenting right now using White Labs WLP300 yeast and I was hoping to get some all grain/mini-mash recommendations from you guys as I was thinking I should just re-use the yeast pancake when I take it out of the primary. I mean, why wait to finish my Hefeweizen before I brew some backup?

Just brew another hefe and transfer right onto the cake, The 300 really should only be used on hefe's because of the after product.

That's a specialty yeast that really only makes one kind/style of beer.

If you want to make another style you'll need a different yeast.

You should look up the instructions for washing your yeast and saving it for subsequent batches of HW.

Back