Wine from packed juices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satboy

Reaction score
I am stll new to brewing. In these packed fruit juices, on the front they say 100% natural juice, then on the back they say min fruit in juice 50% cause its made from juice concentrate. any idea what is the minimum juice presence to make wine is? a couple of months ago did a cranberry wine with packed juice 25%. hardly you can taste the cranberry. any suggestions?

I am stll new to brewing. In these packed fruit juices, on the front they say 100% natural juice, then on the back they say min fruit in juice 50% cause its made from juice concentrate. any idea what is the minimum juice presence to make wine is? a couple of months ago did a cranberry wine with packed juice 25%. hardly you can taste the cranberry. any suggestions?

Get something that says 100% juice it doesnt matter if it says from concentrate. Welches Grape juices make pretty good cheap sweet wine. For example welches concord grape has a SG of 1.050. For a 5 gallon batch use 5 gallons of juice and 10lbs of sugar and use a yeast like red star Premier Cuvee or Lalvin EC-1118. This will make you, I believe a 13% ABV wine backsweeten to taste. Just make sure it says 100% juice and you'll be fine

Back