• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free Kindle Ebook - Beer is Proof God Loves Us by Charles Bamforth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncleben113

Reaction score
Here's another free Kindle book from Amazon

Beer is Proof God Loves Us by Charles Bamforth

Description:

Beer Is Proof God Loves Us is a funny, engaging, and downright joyous examination of the whole world of beer and brewing. Your guide, Charlie Bamforth, may be the world's #1 expert on every aspect of beer: After a worldwide search, he was selected as the first Anheuser-Busch Professor of Brewing Science at the University of California, Davis. Now, he presents the most compelling social history of beer ever written: where it's come from, where the brewing business stands now, and what the future holds. In this far-reaching book, he reveals:

The extraordinary complexity and artistry that can be found in great brewing.
The factors that impact beer quality and wholesomeness.
Centuries-old cultural values embedded in good beer.

Bamforth also explains what the rise of new craft breweries means to beer drinkers and what the latest global trends will have on beer consumption. The book concludes with a look to the future, illustrating how environmental issues will change the brewing industry and addressing radical new approaches to brewing, such as Happoshu and malternatives.

This book is discounted from a digital price of $20.99 to FREE :rockin:

Cheers!

Very interesting book, I have the hardback of it from a few years ago... Its not a technical book, so don't expect that, but has very interesting anecdotes from Dr. Bamforth's personal life and career.

I'm glad I could help. I'm actually surprised that this is still free. I thought it would have been one of those 24 hours sales.

Very interesting book, I have the hardback of it from a few years ago... Its not a technical book, so don't expect that, but has very interesting anecdotes from Dr. Bamforth's personal life and career.

Sounds like Brewing Up a Business by Sam Calagione. I haven't finished the book yet but I'm starting to see that it's filled with a lot of anecdotal info on his life and brewing career.

Yeah thanks, 2 days later and still free. Got mine just in time for vacation reading material.

Thanks, just downloaded to kindle cloud which is free and doesn't require a kindle. I'll probably read it on my phone as well. I believe I heard an interview with the author on brewstrong, he was interesting and very knowledgeable.

Thanks, just downloaded to kindle cloud which is free and doesn't require a kindle. I'll probably read it on my phone as well. I believe I heard an interview with the author on brewstrong, he was interesting and very knowledgeable.

That's pretty cool. I'm really looking forward to reading this book but I have about six books in line before this one so it may be a bit.

You're all welcome.

The book is still free for those of you that haven't downloaded it yet.

Cheers

Back