Chi-town beginner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tsarkon

Reaction score
Hello from Chicago!

My interest was sparked this past year by some friends that brew and now that I live within bicycling distance between two ingredient/equipment stores I've made the leap into homebrewing myself. I love it! Right now I've got 5gals of traditional blackberry mead fermenting in my basement. I'm thinking a stout or a red ale should be in the woodworks since we've had a turn for chillier weather in the windy city.

Any cold weather beer suggestions?

Wear a jacket and don't use yellow snow to cool your wort.- Welcome!

Nice to see another mead maker in Chicago. With the cooler weather I'm starting to return from my hiatus I take in the summer. If you're looking for a Red: I've made Rolf's Irish Red and it was a batch that I was sad to see gone. Used it a lot in cooking, gave some away to friends who like reds and it was well received.

Hello from Chicago!

My interest was sparked this past year by some friends that brew and now that I live within bicycling distance between two ingredient/equipment stores I've made the leap into homebrewing myself. I love it! Right now I've got 5gals of traditional blackberry mead fermenting in my basement. I'm thinking a stout or a red ale should be in the woodworks since we've had a turn for chillier weather in the windy city.

Any cold weather beer suggestions?

Welcome, Tsarkon, from the southwest part of Chicago! I've got an American Amber Ale in the fermenter right now - always a good choice for Fall. I've got the honey for a traditional semi-dry mead and need to put it together, maybe today!

TheRapidKumquat said:
Nice to see another mead maker in Chicago. With the cooler weather I'm starting to return from my hiatus I take in the summer. If you're looking for a Red: I've made Rolf's Irish Red and it was a batch that I was sad to see gone. Used it a lot in cooking, gave some away to friends who like reds and it was well received.

Hey neighbor, I'm in Oak Lawn.

Hello from Wheaton over here!

Why is our Chicago group so dead? I'm going to need to do another 2-row bulk buy soon, we should get coordinated!

Welcome, Tsarkon!!

Back