time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are definitely on the wrong track...

This beer was very popular in England in the 1700s and can still be found there commercially today.

barrooze said:
You are definitely on the wrong track...

This beer was very popular in England in the 1700s and can still be found there commercially today.

Do you mean this particular beer, or the underlying style before you added kumquat zest?

I got it!!! Ginger beer! Thanks google.

BINGO!

I HIGHLY recommend everyone trying this one out. It surprised the hell out of me. No hops were added at all, and it was one of the most refreshing, delicious beers I've ever made.

The recipe was from the Strong Waters website, and all I did was scale it up to 5 gallons. I fermented it with S-04, not the traditional Ginger Beer Plant, but at some point will try that as well. Even if you just make 1 gallon, you've got to try this recipe.

I'm up. But currently at work. So boys you have to wait until I get home to pour a beer. I've used all the photos in my phone. ;)

mcbethenstein said:
I'm up. But currently at work. So boys you have to wait until I get home to pour a beer. I've used all the photos in my phone. ;)

Unacceptable! :D

With the second one you get a true indication of color.

image-3423594310.jpg

image-2820957445.jpg

Huh... I'm going to go with a 60 Schilling. It looks like any one of about 30 different styles, no way to know without the hint

You were going to watch "1000 ways to die" and put some red food coloring into a glass of moonshine?

Were you supposed to get "Castle" lager but instead got porter because tonight's episode of Alcatraz is entitled "Webb Porter?

:D

SWMBO and I have been pondering it and still can't think of it....

Kona's Porter for Hawaii 5-0?

Reno_eNVy said:
SWMBO and I have been pondering it and still can't think of it....

Um... Haus something for House? :D

You were on the right track with the first part of your first answer, just the wrong beer.

DAMNIT! I'm a 'tard.... yeah, I really was dancing around it.

Also, super awesome that you have him labeled as HWMO

How is Castle, anyway? SWMBO and I have yet to try it but we're avid Firefly fans and, as such, Nathan Fillion.

I love castle! It's my favorite show on right now. Witty, entertaining and the tension between castle and beckett is amazing. Nathan Fillion is great!

p.s. I changed my BF's name for the photo... I didn't think he would appreciate his full name out in cyberland. I don't normally refer to him by HWMO.

Back