Is it Stuck ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffd10

Reaction score
Hey-O

I have a blueberry Mead Based off the JOAM minus the spices, it has been in primary 2.5 months. Its super clear and some of the fruit has dropped, and it tastes IMO great, I wasnt gonna take a reading but at the last minute (After Racking) I did...and then the confusion set in... SG hit 1.143 its now at 1.054

I didnt throw anything out yet (From primary) and was wondering what you guys thought :confused:

A) Roll with it
B) Re-rack onto primary
C) Do the right thing.. lol

Thanks so much
Jeffd

Sorry its late... I guess I was thinking that the FG would be alot lower...:cross:

Any and all suggestions welcome

thanks

With that original and final gravity, you're around 11-12% ABV. Assuming you used bread yeast, you should be perfectly fine as that is about the most bread yeast can take.

I would go with option A.

With that original and final gravity, you're around 11-12% ABV. Assuming you used bread yeast, you should be perfectly fine as that is about the most bread yeast can take.

I would go with option A.

lol thanks Caffeine211

what really had me freaked was that using the same (Bread Yeast) type I hit almost 15% on my JAOM

Thanks again:rockin:

Back