Keg-O-Vision

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't look like you have the stereo on in the pictures. :D Those speaker grills have functional speakers behind them, correct?

Now I wish I had saved that old wood-cased TV. It would have been perfect for something like this, and I could have easily mounted the tap-tower on top (try saying that five times fast).

Thanks all. It was a ton of work but with 8 gallons of red ale and 5 gallons of a blue moon clone ready to be put through it, I'm sure it will be worth it. The bad part is that I'm traveling so much, I haven't even pulled the first pint yet.

magnacasa said:
Now I wish I had saved that old wood-cased TV. It would have been perfect for something like this, and I could have easily mounted the tap-tower on top (try saying that five times fast).

I thought the same thing about my grandparents old tv. I like the final result on this one but I continually worried it was going to be too modern for my tastes. As my wife says "[I'm] an old man."

Finished product is awesome, I love it! Hmmm, I've got an empty stand up arcade game cabinet that I have been looking for a use for, this might be perfect.

SpamDog

That could be awesome. You may even get 2 kegs (or more) into it, if you can do a 2 tiered thing with a 5 gal corny in front and a 3 gal, with the CO2 on back.

Well done. One of the most creative projects I've seen to date.

Thanks.

We pulled the first few pints off of it last night. I need to dial in my pressure, and I probably will force carb my next few batches to see how much things change. Right now I have 2 taps that flow somewhat slowly and one that pours almost all foam because of the carbonation in the keg. I figure if I drink enough, eventually it will balance out.

Edit: Oh and the ac runs for 5-10 minutes for every 60 minutes it's off. The only problem is it's kinda loud. Need to figure out how to dampen the sound, but luckily we know some acoustics engineers.

Good question. I'd say it's probably more efficient but it's hard to say. Some advantages of the ac are a built in fan (at least in mine), and a higher BTU rating than most fridges. It's loud though and takes up quite a bit of space. The temp of the air coming out of the ac is around -5F though, so it gets as cold as I need.

Butchv12 said:
If we can dream it, chances are we can build it!

Beautiful ---- simply beautiful !!!!!!

Exactly my thoughts. I have a dream for a different kind of fermentation cabinet that I'll post if I get permission from SWMBO to do it.

All pics should now be working. And as a quick update, I have a new fermentation chamber that I'll be documenting in the next day or so (have to work out now so I can't do it quite yet). But I have it pretty well documented from initial through final.

It doesn't look like you have the stereo on in the pictures. :D Those speaker grills have functional speakers behind them, correct?

The stereo is in a little cozy nest in the upper left. The speakers are behind the grills and the subwoofer is in a box hanging off the back. Dang thing gets so loud I can annoy myself with it when it's inside and I'm out.

Very, Very Nice!!! Maybe one day when you get a chance you could post a YouTube video here showing the thing in action with all the mirrors, lights and tunes??!! :mug:

Thanks again for fixing the pictures!!

As I was looking through my pics for the new fermentation chamber, I found this Halloween pic of the keg-o-vision. Definitely a better pic though.

kegovisionhalloween.jpg

1 canister of damp rid, putting it in the kitchen (which is air conditioned so limited condensation in the air) and when needed I put a pan under the drip port of the AC.

The last picture is a much better pic. The bottles provide more depth perception and reduces the amount of mirrored reflection surface you see. Great Job.

But I am not sure anyone going to all this trouble to make and serve a good beer should really be serving it in red solo cups......................

But I am not sure anyone going to all this trouble to make and serve a good beer should really be serving it in red solo cups......................

I must disagree.

before I start: Excellent reuse of that TV. Final project looks wonderful. May we all aspire to one day have a SWMBO as skilled, talented, and understanding as yours.

Why serve beer in Red solo cups? Do you really want to wash that many beverage containers after a party? I know I dont.

Latest posts

Back