Forgot to stir priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hal simmons

Reaction score
Bottled 3 gallons of a Belgian Tripel last night. Carbed to 3.2 volumes by adding a boiled and dissolved corn sugar mixture to bottling bucket. I just remembered that I did not stir the mixture in the bucket. I racked to the bottling bucket, added the mixture by pouring all around the edges, let it sit for maybe 5 minutes while I got my other bottling stuff in order, and then bottled from the spiqot at the bottom as usual.

Wondering if i'm going to get unevenly carbed bottles or potential bombs. Would 5 minutes be enough for the sugar mixture to dissolve throughout the beer?

The beer has been in the bottle for 18 hour so far, so carbing has already started.

You may get unevenly carbed bottles, but I wouldn't worry too much about bottle bombs. If you're worried, put the cases in a garbage bag while they condition.

Next time, put the sugar in before you rack, then you won't have to worry about stirring.

Back