CT Brewers Check-In

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone heard of any semi-local competitions coming up? I have a decent pipeline built up right now and I'd like to get some judge results before I drink it all haha.

Sam Adams Longshot entries are due in May.
Eli's/Maltose competition should be announced soon.

Hey, Brian from Stamford here...been brewing for a few years switched to all-grain about 6 months ago.

Anyone in the Hebron area??? I just set up a rig.... I have been brewing for 15 years most of the time all grain. Looking to go pro at some point. Just make a RIMS 10 gallon setup and some fermentation temp control is on its way this week! Wouldn't mind someone to collaborate with.. tasting, brewing etc

Hey Leblais,

I'm in Hebron and would love to check out your new rig. I've got some time off next week and could stop over to check out / swap stories and samples. Once I get to a computer, I'll shoot you a PM. Thanks for posting.

Hey guys new to brewing and am located in branford. Any clubs or groups around?

Yes! Check out MASH whose home is at Stomp N Crush in Clinton. I'm involved with Brew Haven, based out of New Haven. We have a fb page if you want to check us out. It's a good group. We have a meeting this Monday at 7pm at Three Sheets on Elm St. Come on down.

Yes! Check out MASH whose home is at Stomp N Crush in Clinton. I'm involved with Brew Haven, based out of New Haven. We have a fb page if you want to check us out. It's a good group. We have a meeting this Monday at 7pm at Three Sheets on Elm St. Come on down.

Thanks Johnnyo I checked out the face book page and am waiting to be accepted.

Recently moved to Cheshire from Maine, new to apartment living compared to having my own house. I have been brewing for about 10 yrs, all grain for about 5. Getting ready to start brewing again as space allows

Hello all in CT. I just moved to CT at the beginning of '15. I'm living and brewing in Barkhamsted. I haven't seen many posts from people here in the NW area. Mostly it's just been myself and the bear that knocks over my trashcans for brew days. Seems like the majority of people are from the more southern/central areas.

Hello all in CT. I just moved to CT at the beginning of '15. I'm living and brewing in Barkhamsted. I haven't seen many posts from people here in the NW area. Mostly it's just been myself and the bear that knocks over my trashcans for brew days. Seems like the majority of people are from the more southern/central areas.

I am not right there but not too far from Waterbury.

I think it takes me about an hour to get to Waterbury via 8. Really in just happy to see so many active brewers in the state.

Just put qa couple lagers into kegs last night. Now I have 6 beers on tap but nothing bubbling at this time so i'm lighting the fires tonight in Middlebury.

:mug:

Championship Sunday in the Barclays on Sunday at 10am, watch the game while I heat the strike water, brewing at noon in Shelton!

I'm in the northeastern corner of CT

Hello from Orange. Anyone brewing this week? I have the grains for an American Amber Ale

Moving to Farmington in a couple weeks. I will be bringing a few bombers of Yellow Rose of Lone Pint Brewery up from TX with me to trade.

Moving to Farmington in a couple weeks. I will be bringing a few bombers of Yellow Rose of Lone Pint Brewery up from TX with me to trade.

Welcome, it looks like you won't be too awful far from where i am in Barkhamsted. I'm starting to get lonely out here. Seriously though, I lived in Texas for a while myself. Two of my boys are native Texans. Ha, all of my kids are southerners with yankee parents.

Hi All- checking in from Glastonbury. I have been out of brewing for 20 yrs, but now brewing every week all grain kegging only. New to the site

keg#1- Blu Moo (blue moon clone) gone
keg#2- Holidaze ale 9% spiced ale
secondary - Say what saison 8.4%
Secondary - IPA IPA Hipa double citra IPA 9.2%
primary - Der Wiezen Guy 6.9%
primary #2 Possible Pilsner
this week- Hazelnut Brown Ale

Howdy all, Just checking in, been brewing for a little less than a year in Middletown! So far this year I've brewed an:
Irish Red Ale (Extract)
Imperial Blonde Ale (Extract)
English Biter (Extract)
American Wheat Ale (BIAB All Grain)
Sweet Stout (Extract)
American Wheat Ale (BIAB All Grain) - In the fermenter now...

Looking forward to the cold weather to try some lagering!

Howdy all, Just checking in, been brewing for a little less than a year in Middletown! So far this year I've brewed an:
Irish Red Ale (Extract)
Imperial Blonde Ale (Extract)
English Biter (Extract)
American Wheat Ale (BIAB All Grain)
Sweet Stout (Extract)
American Wheat Ale (BIAB All Grain) - In the fermenter now...

Looking forward to the cold weather to try some lagering!

Welcome, @kcoect

If you are interested, we have a homebrew club name the Middlesex Malters, that is primarily based out of Middletown. We have once a month meetings that have a style them. This past month was sours. We meet mostly in the Middletown and Meriden areas, sometimes heading a bit farther out depending on who is hosting. We haven't planned out 2016 yet(meeting next week to do that) but I've got a bunch of ideas. If you are interested, PM and let me know.

Cheers. :mug:

Thought I might post up as well. Ive been wanting to get in to brewing for a few years and finally had my arm twisted *cough*kcoect*cough*. I'm only 4 brews in but definitely sold on the rewards of the hobby. Love feedback from family and friends but they may go to easy. Some real criticism would be nice. Looking forward to attending some Middlesex Malters meetings.

Love all types of beer with a preference towards hoppier ipa's, porters and stouts but always enjoy something good and fresh running past the tongue.

Brew list so far:
Vandal Eyes PA
NB Spiced Winter Scottish Ale
NB SMASH Ale
NB Nut Brown Ale in the fermentor

Thought I might post up as well. Ive been wanting to get in to brewing for a few years and finally had my arm twisted *cough*kcoect*cough*. I'm only 4 brews in but definitely sold on the rewards of the hobby. Love feedback from family and friends but they may go to easy. Some real criticism would be nice. Looking forward to attending some Middlesex Malters meetings.

Love all types of beer with a preference towards hoppier ipa's, porters and stouts but always enjoy something good and fresh running past the tongue.

Brew list so far:
Vandal Eyes PA
NB Spiced Winter Scottish Ale
NB SMASH Ale
NB Nut Brown Ale in the fermentor

The invite hasn't gone out yet, but the next meeting will be Jan 22nd from 7-9ish at Brew & Wine Hobby in East Hartford. Hope to see you guys there.

Hey all, kcoect actually told me about this thread, not sure how I never thought to check for it before.

Been brewing for over 10 years now, currently on a 15 gallon all electric, single tier HERMS setup. DIPA Sip of Sunshine fermenting now, Belgian Lemon Drop Wit up next.

Lived in Bristol now for a few years and love to brew with others, or even just hang around someone else brewing, I think its the best way to learn something new. If anyone is interested, all are welcome to come by for a brew day, just have to nail down a day.

Cheers,:mug:

-Steve

New to the area, west Hartford, partial masher here. Lime-ade Hefeweizen in the fermenter here. SoS on my shelf now ;-)

Hey all, kcoect actually told me about this thread, not sure how I never thought to check for it before.

Been brewing for over 10 years now, currently on a 15 gallon all electric, single tier HERMS setup. DIPA Sip of Sunshine fermenting now, Belgian Lemon Drop Wit up next.

Lived in Bristol now for a few years and love to brew with others, or even just hang around someone else brewing, I think its the best way to learn something new. If anyone is interested, all are welcome to come by for a brew day, just have to nail down a day.

Cheers,:mug:

-Steve

Steve,

I'd love to check out your system some day. I have a 30 gallon EHERMS with a Kal clone control panel in my basement brewery. I also welcome anyone who wants to check out my system. Currently have 7 beers on tap and quite a few others in the fridge.

Edit: I'm in East Hampton.

Scott

Hey Scott,

I think it would be awesome to compare systems and brewing procedures. I'm the only one I know with an electric system, so I only know what I've done or seen online, any other help is much appreciated. Maybe we can try to meet up for a brew day this spring/summer?

Saw this pop up a few days ago and meant to reply. I have an electric system that i havent brewed on yet so I AM DEFINITELY interested in observing. Count me in! Email, Text or Call.

Jeremy
Stamford, CT
(914)-374-2667

I know the complicated part of electric brewing is you're normally tied to your house (at least I am), I'm still working out the logistics of running my eHERMS system off a generator :) Anyone interested in trying to meet up for a brew day? I'd certainly be willing to host, but I'd love to Scotts setup at some point too.

Hey all,

I'm also running a kal clone in Stamford, and would be happy to host a brew day sometime soon. I've been using it now for about 3 years. Along the way I've made a few changes and customizations, but if you're interested in joining email me or pm me and we can get something going. I'm thinking the next beer will be a hibiscus Ipa or hefe, probably in mid April or so.

Email: beerme(at)pobox.dahtcahm

Hope to hear from some of you!

-Chris

Hey all,

I'm also running a kal clone in Stamford, and would be happy to host a brew day sometime soon. I've been using it now for about 3 years. Along the way I've made a few changes and customizations, but if you're interested in joining email me or pm me and we can get something going. I'm thinking the next beer will be a hibiscus Ipa or hefe, probably in mid April or so.

Chris and all - I built a Kal system brewery in my basement [Norwalk] too. I've got a few beers on tap just outside in a taproom area. Would love to host/join anything you guys get up to. PM me or philip <at> meese <dot> org.

Wow! great that so many of us are going electric. I only saw one other brewery listed in CT on Kal's directory. Maybe we can set up a rotation for checking out each others systems. For those of you in the southern part of CT, I highly recommend checking out Brew Haven. They are a great bunch of guys and girls meeting once a month in Hamden and brewing awesome beers!

I'm brewing tomorrow if anyone wants to check it out. Probably start sorta early as I need to be done by around 3PM to meet someone for dinner. Call or text me at 86O 949 5535

There's a bunch of guys in my club (in northwestern ct) that are or are planning to go all electric. I think I have the newest system of the bunch, and it's been really cool to see everyone's different approaches and compare processes. You can go really simple, or really advanced.

Back