Help with a hard lemonade...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby1579

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just looking for some help with a hard lemonade recipe. Here it is...

2 cans of lemonade concentrate
1.5 cups of table sugar
preboiled water to one gallon
champagne yeast

I plan to rack it into a secondary when it stops fermenting. I will add wine conditioner to the secondary to sweeten it up.

Any thoughts?

You need to thin this out. Its OG is going to be super super high and even with Champagne yeast it will finish sweet is my guess. I know the one that I made, 1can-1gallon put it at 1.054. If you double that and add sugar your going to be pushing 1.20 something like that.

step 1 Never ask for help if you have already done something.;)
step 2 Never admit you did something without first asking for help:D
step 3 RDWHAHB
(.Y.)

good advice. i think i can make this situation turn out ok. i'll just drink a bunch of apfelwein before i taste it.

good advice. i think i can make this situation turn out ok. i'll just drink a bunch of apfelwein before i taste it.

nice move!!!
I had problems w/ my "THINK PINK hard lemonade" It just never would drop out the yeast. We dumped it after taking up tap space for 8 months :mad:
JJ

Hopefully this will be a happy little accident. I've gotten lucky with every mistake except scaling down apfelwein and creating apfelhell.

Back