stainless turkey frier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't used it, but looks like a good deal. I'd go for it if I had money and didn't already have a BK.

Its 7.5 gallons. I only have a 5 gallon BK now and would like to start putting together an allgrain setup. I'm sure i can bypass the timer, some can be stopped with just a rubber band on it. Is 38000 btu good enough?

I think it's a good deal. FYI I bought this fryer, have brewed 5 batches with it (all 5 gallon batches), and have had no problems or complaints with it so far. It's rated at 45,000 BTU's. The reviews were good, and many people had used it for brewing as well.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...&langId=-1&keyword=turkey+fryer&storeId=10051.

The aluminum pot works well, but you have to put an oxide layer on it by filling it with plain water and boiling for 45-60 min.

I have that same one from Home Depot, just attached a grate to it today so i can use my 10 gallon pot.
The only off putting thing I see with the bass pro shop burner are the high side supports, wonder if they can be removed. could be a pain if you have to lift the pot off the burner quickly

Latest posts

Back