Help: Dream of Tap at my Kitchen Sink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreakinOutrage

Reaction score
I'm buying a new house and it has a good crawl space to tube a "keezer" from my garage through to my kitchen. This is just an idea and is seeming to be more difficult than I thought. Can someone walk me through the process???! The more I read, the more I'm lost!
I plan to get about a 10 cubic foot chest freezer to put into my garage with a digital thermostat control to regulate the temp. Pull the tubing into the wall, down into the crawl space, over 10' to under the kitchen and up into the tower placed at my kitchen sink.
Am I reaching to make this work? What do I need to do to make this a reality?!
I'm clueless about a cooling system and how to make sure my tubing is safe through this (about) 20' of mess.
PLEASE HELP!

Keeping the run cold is definitely the hardest part and you have to do it unless you want the first pint in any given drinking session to be a dumper. If it was me, I'd try to make the majority of the run a 1/4" OD piece of seamless stainless tubing for the beverage and a piece of cheaper 3/8" stainless tubing as tightly coupled to the 1/4" as possible. Wrap that in pipe insulation. The 3/8" line would be fed with water from the same freezer, pumped via submersible pump. It would be more ideal to pump 25F glycol from a freezer, but that's a whole other headache. Once the coolant reaches the tower, it can connect to any kind of tubing for the return back to the resevoir. You'd still want to insulate but outside of the other bundle.

Or you can walk to the garage to pull that pint.

Back