Online kegerator purchase question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris41

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hello. I started brewing in the early 90's during college, and started brewing again last year. I read the forum often but haven't had a reason to post....until now.

Is it possible to have a kegerator shipped to my house with no damage? I want to order online but I'm scared to death of getting a damaged unit and going through the hassle of sending it back. I shouldn't have to settle for a less than perfect appliance and I read many stories of buyers who do.

Anybody care to share their buying experience? Any online store recommendations?

I'm not interested in building my own.

Just received my gigantic order from kegconnection.com yesterday. Very impressed with everything. Well, almost everything. They are pretty slow to ship. I ordered on a Friday and called Monday to see if they had a tracking number. The lady said it would ship out that evening. Still no tracking number so I called back Tuesday and she said it would ship by Wednesday at the latest. It finally shipped out on Wednesday.

I'm sure I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime, and everything in the order was well packed and exactly as I expected, but just know if you order from them it will take them a few days to ship.

I have a friend that ordered a kegerator from an online company (whom I won't mention) and it came in severely damaged. The company agreed to send him another which was the correct thing to do.

When the second one arrived, his wife happened to look out the window and saw the FedEx delivery driver rolling the kegerator end over end. Wonder where the damage came from?

Anyways, he had to have a third one delivered and even though he spoke with the FedEx supervisor, it too came damaged. In the end, he kept the third one but had to swap parts with the second one prior to sending back.

His experience was enough for me avoid buying a complete unit over the web.

Back