looking for help 5 gal bucket for all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmaupin

Reaction score
I know that a cooler is better for a mlt but I have some extra buckets does any one have a diagram for a 5 gal bucket mlt that they can point me to ? Thanks a bunch

Mosher has a good description in Radical Brewing. There is also a description in Papazian. I use the bucket in bucket method with lots of holes drilled (1/8 or a size smaller) in the bottom of the inner bucket. The outer bucket is fitted with a plastic spigot. Just wrap the bucket(s) with old towels and cover with your kettle lid for insulation. You can also buy a false bottom and use only one bucket. This method has been working very well for me for a while now.

I still use an old bottling bucket for an MLT. I added a stainless braid and wrapped it with Reflectix insulation, it hold temps great and works fine.
My only complaint is the size, 5 gallons will handle most of my brews, but there are times when I want to make a bigger beer and need more room.

Back