Anyone own a Brewershardware affordable brew pot??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They use the Concord 60qt pot, which is a pretty good value if you ask me. The total volume is just slightly more than the advertised 15 gallons I believe. I have two of the Concord kettles which I plan to use as HLTs and I'd say they are worth the money. They feel nice and sturdy. They don't have the sandwich bottom construction which I personally want for my boil kettle, but overall, for a value pot I'd say it's a good deal.

I did a lot of my own research before building my own just like this. My total cost came to about 160, so this seems like a deal to me. Sorry cant speak to the quality of this particular model.

These are the same kettles we use. They are great quality. Only thing to be aware of is if they are the actual volume the vendor states. The 10gal and 20gal specifically had issues recently. Check our site for dimensions, if they don't match up the kettle is undersized.

They aren't junk, and they work just fine. Lost of us on this site use them. If you follow the method outlined here, they are rock solid. Spikebrewing sells welded kettles and he tries to push his products in just about every kettle thread.

I did weldless as well it was super easy with a step drill bit / reamer. That drill bit added $20 (harbor freight) to the cost which usually isn't mentioned but I am sure it will have other uses down the road.

Otherwise mine works great and has yet to leak. It was also easy to remove and clean when my burner covered my pot in soot.

I seem to see a lot of folks on this forum using weldless fittings. If they are really junk, why do people continue to use them?

Just joking around ha ha in most cases they will work fine. There are many advantages to welded fittings but I'm afraid to list them and get accused of pushing our products (even though I linked to 2 other vendor's products lol) Looks like we have a few enemies on here, must be doing something right ;)

Just joking around ha ha in most cases they will work fine. There are many advantages to welded fittings but I'm afaid to listel them and get accused of pushing our products (even though I linked to 2 other vendor's products lol) Looks like we have a few enemies on here, must be doing something right ;)
I know you have a reputation of making some very fine brewing equipment. I’m new to this hobby and this forum, and in this case I feel I have inadvertently stepped into something. I just purchased a concord kettle and was looking forward to putting in my own weldless fittings. I’m doing this in part to save money, but as this is a hobby for me, to get the satisfaction of making my own brew kettle. So I was concerned when weldless fittings were described as junk.

There seem to be others who recommend these fittings and well respected vendors who sell them; not all of them may get the joke. I’m so not sure that acquiring enemies is a good measure of success.

Back