TSX3 love controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcubed45

Reaction score
Anyone using the tsx3 controller?

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/T...witches/DigitalPanelMount/SeriesTSX3/Ordering

I really want one with a blue display and from what i've seen, getting a TS2 in blue takes a month or more. The price ends up being about the same too.

I know the tsx3 is a little overkill for a keezer, but the flexibility is pretty nice. I like having a second independent output. I think I'll probably use that to control a fan (less wiring that way).

Also, does anyone know what the difference is with the various probes they offer?

I have three TS-2's w/ blue display. The first one I ordered alone, they said there would be a 60 day lead time, however i had it w/in 3 weeks.

The second orer I placed for two w/blue LED took about 8 weeks. Yes they are special order, and they do take longer, but they are effing SWEET!

Here are a couple images:

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

BTW, for the price, you can't go wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_1438.jpg
    IMG_1438.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 780
any reason you didn't just order a tsx3? it looks like they keep them in stock. price comes out the same and it has more features

nice installs btw!

The kegerator was a no brainer, I don't need to heat, or anyhting else for that matter, it just needs to cool.

The ferm chamber on the other hand would have been a nice addition, but it is indoors, and being in Arizona, I really only need to be concerned with cooling. Heating would have been nice for pinpoint ferm control, but I have a feeling I won't need heat.

But I do agree, having the option to have heating, cooling, and a direct aux are all good ideas!

BTW, I ordered mine about a year ago, and I have no idea what prices are.

FWIW, the first ove controller I order was fabricated in China IIRC, the two newer ones I ordered were made in Spain.

I am having a hell of a time getting my TSX3-500122 controller to play nicely with the Kenmore 8.8' chest freezer. Right now I have it all wired up, and activating the compressor... though it's just constantly running, so it freezes still verses the controller intervening at the proper temp to kill the compressor.

Anyone care to share (photos or otherwise) how they wired their TSX3 controllers? Or offer some advice on programming it?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

I am having a hell of a time getting my TSX3-500122 controller to play nicely with the Kenmore 8.8' chest freezer. Right now I have it all wired up, and activating the compressor... though it's just constantly running, so it freezes still verses the controller intervening at the proper temp to kill the compressor.

Anyone care to share (photos or otherwise) how they wired their TSX3 controllers? Or offer some advice on programming it?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers!

what are ALL your settings?

the tricky thing about the tsx3 is you can either control strictly based on temp or you can do a whole lot more with minimum run times, minimum off times, etc etc. there's a whole crapload of settings.

pls post each and every one of your settings. that's the only way to figure out what's set wrong.

what are ALL your settings?

the tricky thing about the tsx3 is you can either control strictly based on temp or you can do a whole lot more with minimum run times, minimum off times, etc etc. there's a whole crapload of settings.

pls post each and every one of your settings. that's the only way to figure out what's set wrong.

Well, after playing with the settings for most of this past Sunday morning, I finally have both temp probes reading correctly, and the keezer has been maintaining a low of 39 and high of 45, with the median set at 42. So I'm good now, I hope. Going to watch it for a bit yet before I go putting brew in there.

If I run into any further issues, I will certainly be back! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I appreciate it.

Cheers!

When purchasing this temperature switch, does it come with the probe!?!? I am ordering off Dwyer-inst.com

I am so ready to get this project jump started but what to make sure everything is lined up properly before I place the orders.

When purchasing this temperature switch, does it come with the probe!?!? I am ordering off Dwyer-inst.com

I am so ready to get this project jump started but what to make sure everything is lined up properly before I place the orders.

You need to add one separately the probes are not included with the switch.

Latest posts

Back