Tampa Bay/St Petersburg/Sarasota/ SW Florida Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amrmedic

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to see if there would be any interest in a group grain buy for the west coast of Florida.

If interested, please respond to this thread and tell me what grain(s) you are interested in.

Thanks

It doesn't look like anyone responded to this thread. I was searching if there was any group buys going on in FL but it doesn't seem that way. I am slowly piecing together my all grain system and will be looking into buying bulk grain once I get my system dialed in. Where are you located in the area? I live in the Tampa Palms area.

I'd be in for several bags of pale malt, several pilsener, and a munich. Of course, depends on the cost. My LHBS sells a bag of Breiss 2-row for about $37. Unless this group buy is coming from North Country Malt I don't see the price getting low enough to make a difference.

Yeah, I go to Southern Brewing too! I can't wait for their new location to open up. I am a member of BEERS as well. I don't make it to the meetings that often due to my work schedule.

I believe that price of grain has gone up in anticipation of the 2011 crop being below the global demand.

Yeah, I go to Southern Brewing too! I can't wait for their new location to open up. I am a member of BEERS as well. I don't make it to the meetings that often due to my work schedule.

I believe that price of grain has gone up in anticipation of the 2011 crop being below the global demand.

I'm not a BEERS member (I have snuck into their meetings tho). I'm a DBG member.

What is the non-member price? I spend so much money in there, they ought to give me a damn discount! I am a member of nothing. Nihilist.

Ianschmidt said:
I too would be down with 2-3 bags of two row.

Just got my first grain mill and want to get a group buy together. Looking to get some base malt and hops. Anyone interested?

Did this idea die out or is everyone in agreeance that Southern is a lot cheaper? I am getting my AG set up togther as well as a buddy of mine. How can we join a brewer's group? Anyone have any websites?

Southern has a decent price if you buy domestic and if you have a club discount. For the best deal, make friends with your local brewpub and get in on their large pallet-sized buys. I know someone who did this and he gets insanely cheap grain ;)

Chris7687 said:
How can we join a brewer's group? Anyone have any websites?

Where do you live. In pinellas there is PUBGuild and Dunedin brewers guild. In Tampa there is Tampa BEERS.

Don't know, but like someone else said its pretty cheap at southern iirc $44 for domestic 2 row and that is without the club discount.

I wish I could get these prices down here. Only have 2 local shops and one wants $60 for a 50lb bag of 2 row and the other wants $52 .

Back