disconnect problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discgolfin

Reaction score
So i got a few questions and problems.

The disconnects I got are 1/4..and thats fine for the beer line but the gas line is 5/16..so a bit big..Should I get bigger disconnects or use clamps and tighten really good and hope they don't leak?

Also the ball lock disconnects seem hard to get on and the air goes in fine but the beer side it seems I have to push down more on the disconnect to get the beer to flow..seems to not be locking in place all the way or maybe something with the poppet?

any advice or help would be great!!

Jay

You could probably get away with tight clamps but definitely verify with some kind of leak test.

As for the disconnects are you pulling back the outer ring on the disconnect when you push it onto the post? I didn't realize that when I first got my kegging equipment and I was really confused 'cause it was pretty hard to get on.

paranode said:
You could probably get away with tight clamps but definitely verify with some kind of leak test.

As for the disconnects are you pulling back the outer ring on the disconnect when you push it onto the post? I didn't realize that when I first got my kegging equipment and I was really confused 'cause it was pretty hard to get on.

Well the tight clamps seem to work..but Im not sure if it will stay for weeks on end with out a slow leak? I can get all new larger gas disconnects but was curious if anyone else has left larger gas tube on smaller barbs with success..I got the beer side working..so all is good there.

Jay

Back