Northern Colorado-CMC group buy round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we order more grain?

• Yes, do it now.

• No, I'm good

• Yes, but maybe later in the year

Results are only viewable after voting.
Final price for base malts is $48.75?

Yes. $44.50/ 50lb sack plus $4.25 freight. The prices are on the google form. You can order anything you want on the price list, just add $4.25 freight for each bag. How much are you interested in?

Hey random question for you guys

Does anyone use the Vittles Vaults for their grain? They look like this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002H3S5U/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

My main question is - for one 50 lb bag of grain, will it fit into a 40 lb or 60 lb Vittles Vault?

Thanks

It will fit into a 50lb vault (if you can find one), but not a 40lb.

Those were a little pricey for me, because I had a lot of grain to store. I ordered a dozen food grade 5 gal buckets with sealable lids for $60.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all,

Unfortunately someone had to pull out of the order. We are down to 38/40 bags.

If anyone was considering another bag (or 2) or if anyone else still wants in, there is room.

Put me down for a bag of 2-row. But I won't be able to submit payment until tomorrow. I'll send off the $$ to you in the AM

I'd like some rye malt, but not a full bag. Would anybody be interested in splitting a bag of rye either 2-way or 3-way?

I'd like some rye malt, but not a full bag. Would anybody be interested in splitting a bag of rye either 2-way or 3-way?

I'm interested in a 3-way split of a bag of rye malt. I've liked the beers I've used rye in, but it would take me quite a long time to go through 25 lb. Anyone else interested?

I'm interested in a 3-way split of a bag of rye malt. I've liked the beers I've used rye in, but it would take me quite a long time to go through 25 lb. Anyone else interested?

Sounds good. Anybody else?

If we can find one more person, we'd each be looking at 16.67 lbs of rye for $17.08 (incl. $4.25 shipping/3).

Write me down for a bag of malted white wheat then. Do you need me to submit it through the form or do you just want me to pay over paypal? And did you get my message about wanting to switch one of my bags of 2 row to a bag of pale?

I just sent another google form for the bag of white wheat and sent the money including the freight over paypal.

Here is what I have for your order:
2 pale malt
1 2-row
1 white wheat
=$181 + $17 freight = $198

You are paid in full.

Waiting on money from a few people (for the new bags).

I hope to submit this order today.

Waiting on money from a few people (for the new bags).

I hope to submit this order today.

ColoHox - I just submitted my payment. But I did write you a message - I originally said I wanted 1 bag of 2-row and 1 bag of Pils. Please make BOTH bags Pils for me (bondra76).

Thanks!

ColoHox - I just submitted my payment. But I did write you a message - I originally said I wanted 1 bag of 2-row and 1 bag of Pils. Please make BOTH bags Pils for me (bondra76).

Thanks!
Just saw the message, sorry I didn't reply sooner.

2 bags of Pils

$89 + $8.50 freight = $97.50. You are paid up.

You sure you don't want to try the pale instead?

Just saw the message, sorry I didn't reply sooner.

2 bags of Pils

$89 + $8.50 freight = $97.50. You are paid up.

You sure you don't want to try the pale instead?

OK third time's a charm. Give me 2 bags of Pale. I'll take your advice!

Sorry - definitely a rookie at ordering stuff from these guys.

OK third time's a charm. Give me 2 bags of Pale. I'll take your advice!

Sorry - definitely a rookie at ordering stuff from these guys.

No problem. Why not split it up with 1 bag pale and 1 bag pils? They are the same price, so it doesn't affect much. Your call.

To everyone else: the order is complete. I am sending it to CMC now.

Please feel free to continue sending me paypal money at your leisure. :mug:

Sorry for noob question, but how long generally does it take for the order to ship or when is our ETA?

The turnaround is usually pretty good. Ill let you know as soon as I hear back from CMC.

I know a few people offered earlier in the thread...but would anybody in the Denver area be able to hold onto my 4 bags for a couple weeks? I'm moving into my new place on sept 18th and if I walk into my apt with 4 bags of grain my swmbo will kill me :D

I know a few people offered earlier in the thread...but would anybody in the Denver area be able to hold onto my 4 bags for a couple weeks? I'm moving into my new place on sept 18th and if I walk into my apt with 4 bags of grain my swmbo will kill me :D

I would have no problem doing that. I have plenty of room.

Grain will be delivered Tuesday afternoon. I am pretty flexible, but please coordinate with me about when you would prefer to pick your bags up. Over the following weekend is fine too. See you all soon.

If anyone wants to pick up their bags from my home in Castle Rock, lemme know. I think I'm going to coordinate with Brad to pick my bags up and anyone else that wants me to hold theirs.

I have to be in the Loveland area tomorrow and plan to pick up my grain at this time if this works for Colohox. A couple people have all ready sent me PMs and I am planing on grabbing their grain. If anyone else needs me to pick up there grain and bring it to the Denver area please let me know tomorrow by 5:30.

I have to be in the Loveland area tomorrow and plan to pick up my grain at this time if this works for Colohox. A couple people have all ready sent me PMs and I am planing on grabbing their grain. If anyone else needs me to pick up there grain and bring it to the Denver area please let me know tomorrow by 5:30.

Tomorrow works, what time is convenient?

I will email my address to everyone.

Those of you that are having someone else pick up your grain, please email me so I can keep track of all the bags. Thanks!

Back