Graduation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeyYou_BeerMe

Reaction score
Greetings from Florida, fellow beer makers. I'm James. I'm still a relative newbie to homebrewing but am excited to have recently graduated from a Mr. Beer kit to something that involves actual brewing. I've got five gallons of an Irish stout fermenting at the moment (brewed Saturday) and although the wort cooling and pitching process was fraught with panic, I'm trying not to freak out like a n00b and just let the beer happen. Although I'm not the most optimistic about the possibility of turning out a quality brew this time, I'm hoping it will at least turn out decent.

Anyway, that's my intro. I'm glad this place exists and am eager to learn!

Welcome! Lots of good information here as well as several good books to read elsewhere. Lots of videos online as well. Fear not, homebrewing is easy. I advise you to check out the beginner's stickies for the most important things you need to focus on first.

Good luck!

Hey, thought I'd check in briefly and say that my beer turned out great and was a hit with friends and family. The extra hops I put into the stout gave it almost a Foreign Extra effect. I've got ingredients for a porter now and hope to get that started soon, now that the stout is long gone (I enjoy the darker beers most). I'll shoot for a milder flavor with this one, with less hops. Now that I have more of a feel for the process, I expect it will turn out well. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Latest posts

Back