who is pre ordering there iphone 5 tomorrow ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No big deal... it is a PRODUCT.... I also don't "LOVE" any company and put their logos all over my cloths or property.

I hate when these over hyped releases happen because the airwaves and the web get saturated with news about it... I find it boring and so unimportant to what is really going on in the world.

BUT then again.... if this is your "thing" have fun...

I'll probably get one, but I'm really underwhelmed. Correct me if I've missed something, but in essence it's an iPhone 4s with a slightly bigger display that runs a little faster? For this I waited 2 years?

It's a good time to buy the 4 or 4S. I usually operate a few versions behind because it's way cheaper.

Undecided right now. Not due for an upgrade until the end of November. I get to let the jury deliberate until then.

I'm sure it's going to be an excellent phone - I just don't think that it's a game changer. There are larger screens and faster phones on the market. It'll hold apple fans, just don't know if it's going to convert Android people.

I don't quite understand why everyone is harping on the screen size not being huge. It is a friggin' PHONE that's supposed to fit in your pocket comfortably. Why does everyone want a massive screen on their phone?

I don't quite understand why everyone is harping on the screen size not being huge. It is a friggin' COMPUTER that's supposed to fit in your pocket comfortably. Why does everyone want a massive screen on their computer?

FTFY.

But after using an iPhone for a measely 7 days when my Android had some water damage, I can safely say it failed to convert me. I was rather happy when my Evo finally booted back up.

Meh, if it makes people happy then do it up. I don't see what the hype's about personally. It's an iPod that can make phone calls. Hell, you could even use an iPod as a phone if you had a constant internet connection. I agree with PseudoChef though, I freakin hate iTunes.

I just think it's funny that people with "new" iPhone 4's will be rushing out to buy this one.

If I wouldn't have so many apps bought I'd switch to android. Currently using the same phone since 2 1/2 years ago (3GS). It hasn't having me any trouble and never have broke it since I have an outer box.

I have an android phone but use an ipod at the gym so I don't have to worry about breaking the phone screen. It's probably the last apple product I feel like I need to own. Apple products seem designed to break from normal use. I know a lot of people with broken iphones. Not so much with android users. Sorry, not trying to make this into an apple vs. android thing. My wife has an iphone 3 and loves it. So to each their own.

However, the iphone 5 shows signs that apple is on the back end of their successful run. The reason why is that the iphone is starting to mimic other products. The smaller connector and larger screen smack of competing against the android phones. When both the ipod and iphone came out, everybody rushed to imitate them. They made products they wanted to sell and everybody copied them because it worked. Now it's the other way around.

If I wouldn't have so many apps bought I'd switch to android. Currently using the same phone since 2 1/2 years ago (3GS). It hasn't having me any trouble and never have broke it since I have an outer box.

I'm in this same boat. I bought a few apps I like and my 3GS is functional, but feels sluggish. I was definitely planning to upgrade to the 5, until they changed the charging plug. Now I'm not sure if I should pre-order or switch to a new platform.

Android FTW. But I love my iMac. I'm both an Apple and Android fanboy. A rare thing...

weirdboy said:
I don't quite understand why everyone is harping on the screen size not being huge. It is a friggin' PHONE that's supposed to fit in your pocket comfortably. Why does everyone want a massive screen on their phone?

Phone yes but seems like this may be the way of the future. I had most of the iPhones and they work just fine but I personally like the Android operating system better. I currently have the Samsung galaxy note which barely fits in my pocket but it is great. The reason I bought such a huge phone is because phone aren't just phones anymore. You can do basically anything on them as on a computer. In fact I rarely use my laptop and I'm on my phone all the time. The screen on the iPhone was too small for the amount I used my phone so I got this and I love it. There are dedicated apple lovers and users but they really need to step it up in my opinion.

Face Eater said:
Phone yes but seems like this may be the way of the future. I had most of the iPhones and they work just fine but I personally like the Android operating system better. I currently have the Samsung galaxy note which barely fits in my pocket but it is great. The reason I bought such a huge phone is because phone aren't just phones anymore. You can do basically anything on them as on a computer. In fact I rarely use my laptop and I'm on my phone all the time. The screen on the iPhone was too small for the amount I used my phone so I got this and I love it. There are dedicated apple lovers and users but they really need to step it up in my opinion.

Same here

Not me. I just got a Windows phone after being a crack berry addict for years. It's taking some getting used to. This Lumia isn't as 'let me do it myself like I want to ' as the BB. Kinda miss the keyboard too. Much bigger screen though. Noticeably faster. Camera doesn't seem as good but I need to play with it more. And this phone came with Office.

I'll probably get one, but I'm really underwhelmed. Correct me if I've missed something, but in essence it's an iPhone 4s with a slightly bigger display that runs a little faster? For this I waited 2 years?

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm in the market for a new phone, but decided to wait till Apple's announcement before making my decision. I'll be buying an Android phone.

It's a good time to buy the 4 or 4S. I usually operate a few versions behind because it's way cheaper.

My HTC died so I just got a 4S from Sprint. We don't even have 4G in my area so that's the only thing I'm not happy with. Not that the 4S even works with 4G.

I don't see why everyone jumps to a new iphone when it comes out. Apples got a great marketing plan, pricing it way too high so that everyone thinks it's the greatest thing in the world. They've seem to convince everyone that they need, no, can't survive without one.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm in the market for a new phone, but decided to wait till Apple's announcement before making my decision. I'll be buying an Android phone.

Yep, I looked at the 5, and looked at the S3 and looked at Jellybean (Android) and I'm pretty sure I'm buying an Android phone. Not sure whether an S3 (best selling phone currently), or the new Note 2, which seems to blow everything else away.

Yep, I looked at the 5, and looked at the S3 and looked at Jellybean (Android) and I'm pretty sure I'm buying an Android phone. Not sure whether an S3 (best selling phone currently), or the new Note 2, which seems to blow everything else away.

There is already a root available for the S3 to run Jelly Bean... And it's awesome! Huge Galaxy S fan here- will never own an iPhone. The only way I'll run iOS is if Samsung buys Apple.

I don't know, I have a Samsung Galaxy 4s. I used to love it. Now, not so much. It may be that I have Sprint, which is a very small step up from not having service at all. I mean, if I wanted a phone that doesn't work anywhere, I'd just grab one out of a garbage can. 4G? What's that?

So here I am so fed up with my Sprint service, I am seriously considering cancelling the service and paying the ETF. What's the point of paying 80 bucks a month for something that doesn;t work at all? And by all, I mean 90% of the time I have no service.

So that said, ever since they upgraded the OS, the phone sucks. It now takes six, yes six, button pushes to make a phone call. Used to be one, maybe two button pushes and I could have my mother on the line to tell me how inferior I am to my brother. Now I have to push 6 goddam buttons just so my mom can tell my how horrible I am.

Sprint sucks, blows, gags maggots and everything else derogatory that could be said. Sprint's mother is of questionable lineage. And also they are a terrible mobile service provider.

Anyone waiting for the windows 8 phones? Did some research on the Lumia 920, think that's my next phone.

If the iPhone5 had NFC capability I was going to consider it. The NFC in my Galaxy Nexus is absolutely awesome. Being able to use Google Wallet and pay for things with my phone on the go is great. I think all new phones should have NFC and I was kind of surprised when the iPhone5 didn't have it. But then again, iPhones are usually a year or two behind Android advanced features. Jelly Bean is just flat out amazing.

After seeing the "wonderful " software upgrade, I think I will pass for a while. Following the new map instructions won't even get me out of my neighborhood, guess I will have to use the browser to get to google maps.

Back