A question about keggles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
As most of you know from my posts a buddy of mine bought a bar. I asked him to inquire about a keg from his Budweiser distributor. The driver gave him a price on a keg but said they were all aluminum. I don't wanna debate the aluminum thing but I want a stainless keg. I was under the impression that the kegs were all stainless now and had been for a while. Was the driver mistaken?

As far as I know, kegs are SS. From what I understand, there's only one company (currently) that manufactures them in North America. And the funny thing is that the company is in my small podunk little town (population about 30K). Anyways, their kegs are SS.

AB kegs are SS. You cannot put a week magnet to them but my rare earth magnet sticks right to mine. Most people think they are aluminum because of the color but all AB kegs and most other kegs are 304 SS.

Back