One Hell of a Brew Day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDrunkChef

Reaction score
Brew Day OVER!!!

I just finished up with 2 - 5 gallon batches, a Milk Chocolate Oatmeal Stout that was my first partial Mash (and only my second beer) and an American Pale Ale (San Diego Red Tide Ale) which was an extract steeped with Crystal grains. Took exactly 6 hours to complete both and they are bubbling away nicely (And the oatmeal was only pitched 15 minutes ago with a nottingham starter from a previous beer). The best part about it was drinking my first brew which I bottled last week, and it tasted awesome (a bit green still but damn good). Talk about one hell of a day!!! If it wasn't for all the info on this forum that you all have provided I'm sure I would just be buying kits. Keep brewing guys!! Cheers!!! :mug:

Agreed, my last two brew days were double batch days as yours. It is definitely work, rewarding work , nonetheless, work.

I am on sabatical collecting all of my equipment for AG, SWMBO is pregnant, and I explained to her that after the initial expense of AG equipment that it would be much less expensive to brew. Having said that, I am equipping myself with the tools to brew 10gal batches. I think that after my spawn arrives, I will not have enough time to brew, so I need to make it count while I can.

Congrats on the brews, I have been primarily an extract brewer myself, al except numero uno, have been great and improving, I wanted to take the next step and hope it is worthwhile.

Brew on, and brew strong!:mug:

That was a long day bro, worth it for dinner from someone with kitchen experience though. stoked for trying them too.

Just in our apartment complex between us we will have 21 cases after everything that is still working is done! :tank:

...I explained to her that after the initial expense of AG equipment that it would be much less expensive to brew.

Yeah, but beware...brewing equipment upgrades can turn into a never-ending cycle of "hrmmm....I don't need that, but damn it's cool! And i bet my beer would be all the better for it."

It's a slippery slope down that rabbit-hole. :D

I love double brew days. It's KILLER by yourself, but with someone who knows how to brew and how to help out you can accomplish it without too much trouble. Double brew days are the best way to beef up your pipeline too. Hmm I should brew again :)

after the initial expense of AG equipment that it would be much less expensive to brew.

Yeah, that's a lie :D

I just got $200 in cash/LHBS gift certificates for my birthday. With the exception of $15 for the new TMBG album/DVD I'm pretty sure it's all going towards brewing stuff (so far I spent $45 on a weldless sight glass/ball valve and am keeping some of it in cash for future CL scores). I could blow it all now if I wanted to, as I'd like a grain mill, a higher powered burner, more kegs, etc, but I'm trying to be judicious with it.

ha ha ha, why stop there? fill up your two then my two in a day.. quad day? I may at some point have to get rid of furniture to store beer, my roommate will hate it. gotta do what you gotta do.

Back