samuel adams octoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It never ceases to amaze me the range of quality I find in Sam Adams beers. Whether it's on the shelf or from the tap, I can order the same beer three times and get three completely different tastes. You'd think a big brewery like that would be more concerned with consistancy.

BTW, was in Boston recently and had the oktoberfest there. Absolutely fabulous. Had it again from a bottle two days later in CT...terrible.

It never ceases to amaze me the range of quality I find in Sam Adams beers. Whether it's on the shelf or from the tap, I can order the same beer three times and get three completely different tastes. You'd think a big brewery like that would be more concerned with consistancy.

BTW, was in Boston recently and had the oktoberfest there. Absolutely fabulous. Had it again from a bottle two days later in CT...terrible.

I was the other way around about it... had it from the bottle once, thought it was decent for an american oktoberfest, had it on tap at a bar and couldn't finish it. Maybe it was just the bar...

That's my preferred sam adams - love the oktoberfest. I've been served some rough versions on tap but it's usually consistent in bottles. Don't know if the brewery is always to blame there are issues with storage etc. that can ruin a beer.

SA beers aren't the greatest, but for the price, they're pretty damn good. Their Octoberfest is one of my favorite SA brews.

Generally you wouldn't think that you could get a skunked beer from a tap. Isn't it supposed to be protected from sunlight the whole time?

I have been meaning to try this beer. From what I've read, the actual taste of Oktoberfest beers can vary significantly.

I would probably blame the tap, but of course everyone has different tastes.

Personally, SA Oktoberfest is honestly one of my favorite beers. Not just favorite SA beer, but favorite beers. I think it is very tasty, yet still refreshing and drinkable.

I recently bought a 12-er and thought it was kind of gritty/pithy... Dunno how else to describe it. But on a near subconcsious level I know when I don't like something by how long it last in my fridge. I have bought a few 6-ers since starting the SA and I still have a couple left.

I live in a pretty podunk town, so imagine my suprise when I wander into a little hole-in-the-wall "Beverage Supply" and they have Spaten and a couple other Octoberfests that I forget the names. I ended up buying some Highland Gaelic Ale from Asheville though.

I had my first Sam Adams Octoberfest yesterday.... WOW!!! Tasted wonderfull!! Huge malty flavor.

Wow.... I might have to try a homebrew Octoberfest now!

how would I exactly make an octoberfest beer?

When I look at AHS site, they don't have any commercial remakes for "octoberfest".

I have to say that I didn't really care for it. It tasted alright, but a little off. I think I'll stick to my go-to Abita Amber for the price range.

I had it on tap at the bonefish grill and it was absolutely delicious. I had it again next time and it was just good. Sometimes I wonder if it is actually different or if it is just me having eaten/drank something different before it or maybe just my mood.

Still working on a case of SA Oktoberfest. It's pretty good and I'm enjoying them.

I might pick up another case. Great bottles, too.

I bought a 12 pack and thought it was really good. I had some Paulaner Oktoberfest draft and it wasn't near as tasty.

VW

I enjoyed it, but I am not sure if that was because of the great taste or the fact that I got it for free. Normally it is a little out of my price range, unless I am looking for a classy easy drinking night, which is not often.

Back